Big Doe Down!!

• wild_thang
    Minnesota

Well last night was my second night out with the gun and it was really windy with gusts up to about 25-30mph out of the south and I really wasn’t expecting to see much due to the wind. But low and behold about 5pm a big doe and a fawn showed up coming in from my left. I got my gun ready and with alittle guidance from my “side-kick” who assisted me in the process, it was Big Doe Down baby!!!! I dropped her in her tracks!! Needless to say after this being my third year of hunting, I still get nervous when it comes time to pull the trigger and hope that some day that feeling will go away. But I have learned so much in the last three years about deer, hunting and food plots that I am just amazed at these animals and want to keep learning. I would never have imagined at 44 years of age that I would be deer hunting and loving it!!!! Thanks to that someone special who is giving me the opportunity to learn it all and has the patience to teach it to me.

john_steinhauer
    p4

Congrats!!! “That feeling” is what its all about!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Awesome!!! You couldn’t ask for a better hunting partner in both life and in the field!

Congrats!

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Great job! Way to ‘er >
    Congrats ~

lick

Good stuff ! You have a great mentor ! Congrats Michelle !

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Shouldn’t be long and you’ll be telling him where to hunt ! Nice job and keep up the good work

machster179
    Cannon Falls, MN

Nice doe Michelle, Congratulations!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Absolutely, great deer Michelle, and congrats to the both of you for doing it as a team. We all get that feeling btw, and while you might learn to control it if only a little bit, hopefully it never goes away! Congrats again, and thanks for the good read.

Joel

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

But I have learned so much in the last three years about deer, hunting and food plots that I am just amazed at these animals and want to keep learning. I would never have imagined at 44 years of age that I would be deer hunting and loving it!!!! Thanks to that someone special who is giving me the opportunity to learn it all and has the patience to teach it to me.

That is cool!!!! Congrats on your success!!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congratulations Michelle! That’s awesome! It’s amazing how the outdoors can bring out so much joy and how it builds lifelong memories and relationships. Kudos to Bob for showing you the way and I wish the both of you many more memories. Thanks for sharing your hunt and story with us! We need women hunters like you on this site!!!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Congrats M I Give you credit for passing 2 1.5 year old bucks and for passing a 150″ PLUS 9 POINT at 10 yards just because he is on Top Heavy’s and my hit list You definitely deserve credit for your patience and consideration of how important it is to have a plan and stick to it. It has been a blast watching your excitement when the time comes to “make it happen”

travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

That’s Awesome – Congrats!

mitch_otto

Congrats ma on the nice mature doe! You have turned out to be quite the hunter! If I would have known your love for the outdoors when I was younger and getting brought up with it I would have enjoyed your company and sharing my previous years hunt with you! Many more years of memories to make! I think I see a mother son hunt in the future!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.