Patterning a Buck – need help

• ben_dvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

I have 2 pics of the same buck coming in after dark. The 1st was on 9/9 at 8:21pm. The second picture is on 9/12 at 9:18pm.

How can I start to put a plan together for targeting this buck? I know we only have pictures after dark, but hopefully he will start showing up during daylight hours.

I know he did not get to his size by being dumb. Do I need to keep an eye on him and not target specifically for him early during the season and hope that as the season gets into the rut that he starts showng up earlier?

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Flashlight or Night Goggles may work the best, I have the same trouble. Need to find out where he is eating. Can you glass any fields towards dark?

lick

When the wind is favorable go in and hunt him If he makes a mistake you need to be there to capitalize. Try to get between his bedding and feeding. Closer to bedding but not too close. It’s a fine line we walk. Make sure you can get in and out undetected

gobbler
    Central, MN

Overcast and a cold front will get this guy moving earlier. Add a rattling sequence and snort wheeze….. No seriously. It probably has more to do w the temp dropping then anything

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.