Browning A Bolt – With or without BOSS

• ben_dvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

I am thinking of buying a Browning A Bolt, but cannot decide if I should get one with the BOSS system or not. I would appreciate any feedback either way.

Thanks,

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

My brother has several A-bolts they all have the ported boss. He swears by the device. The only drawback is you have to use hearing protection with the ported model it probably increases the volume by 30 to 40% I borrowed his A bolt in 7mm-08 and took a deer with it it was great watching the hit because of no muzzle jump but my ears rang for 3 or 4 days. I was not expecting that much report from a rifle. He also had a 7mag that he got rid of as it was deafening. Except for the volume of the report we do feel that the Boss does help with accuracy and muzzle jump/recoil

Mwal

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

I would have to say go with the boss. It is possible the most underrated tool you can have for making factory ammunition more consistent. As for the Noise, you can get a CR which is the same thins as a “Boss” but without the porting. This makes it a lot quieter.

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

I have a 300 Win Mag Stalker with the BOSS and I LOVE it! Browning ships the BOSS guns with both the BOSS and the BOSS CR. I have not used my BOSS since I sighted in my rifle. You can use the BOSS for range time and the BOSS CR for game time. My 300 Win Mag is very easy to shoot with the CR on it and I have not needed to use the original BOSS! The main thing to remember is that you can “dial” your barrel in with the ammo you shoot and get the best barrel harmonics possible. If you have any other questions send me a pm!

Good Luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.