Corn coming down-will it help?

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Old.

Getting your jokes from Luke now?

nug
    central iowa

The cornfields that are behind my house are coming down this weekend. Just wondering if that wil affect the deer movements at all. We have a small 18 acre woodlot behind our house that I hunt that butts up to the cornfields. Deer usually run through there during the rut, but I have not seen nearly as many this year… could the corn be the cause of this since it is up later than usual??? Also, what stage of the rut are we in…I live in Pierce County, Wisconsin. Any help would be awesome!!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I would say it could help since it removes hiding places or it could hurt if the corn was a vital link (cover) for them to get near your 18. I hope it helps you!!

PowerFred

Deer love to bed in standing corn. Its the thickest cover they can find and it has food in it. No need for them to get up and move to feed, its all right there.

There’s a ton of standing corn in Vernon County right now. I hope the combines run 24/7 for the next week. The big problem is the mold that is in the corn right now. Every kernel needs to be ran through a dryer. Thats slow work and an added cost that most farmers can’t afford.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.