What’s the best cheaper trail camera around now?

• mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Not looking to spend alot, but don’t want a piece of crap either.

Thanks for any responses.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Just picked one of these up but haven’t gotten it into the woods yet so I can’t give you my personal opinion, but this Moultrie seems to get good reviews for a cheaper camera.

on sale at Gander

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

This Moultrie camera was on sale at Midway USA earlier this year and I got one. Had trouble with it…returned it to Midway USA and got a replacement and it works great. I would say check around at the different models and definately read the product reviews before buying!

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I picked up two Wildgame 1.3’s for 50 bucks a piece at wally-world. I have had great luck with them so far. I am putting together a write-up (with pics)on how to switch the unit to run off a 6v 12ah sealed battery (looks like a battery for a flasher). I’ve gotten over 200 pictures in the last three weeks and the battery is still going strong. I’m expecting about 8 weeks of life before a recharge is needed.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

very much looking forward to that mrjigger

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have 2 of the Moultrie D40’s from Midway too… no problems, good pics

Midway deals

JacobNohner

This pic is off of a moultrie I have had good luck so far.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Another for the Moultrie D40’s, I have two of them and they have worked well for me. $109.99 at Gander is not a good price on this camera, the every day price at Midway USA is $98.99. The first one I got two years ago was on sale at Cabelas for $69.99, the following year I got the second one at Midway USA for $70 something. Here are a couple of links to my Trail cam pics all of them were taken with the Moultrie D40.

Steve’s 2008 Trail Cam Pics

Steve’s Trail Cam Pics 2009

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

I have one Moultrie and have a couple friends that have them, and when the weather gets cold (lower than 20-25 degrees) it doesn’t work. I love it for an early season camera.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I have the Moultrie Game Spy Camera too. I’ve had it a little better than a year. Pictures are great. It only works on the D cell batteries. I’m not sure if I got a batch of bad batteries, but I’ve only been getting about 2 weeks from a set of them. And it hasn’t really been that cold yet. The older Moutries allowed you to use those bigger lantern batteries for power. I sure wish mine would.

rsballar6941
    Rochester, MN

Yep Moultrie Game Spy is the way to go. I was in the same boat, not enough funds coming in to go spend 200-300 bones on a camera so i settled with the Game Spy and have not been disappointed. I believe it ran me close to $90 from Fleet Farm.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Quote:

Another for the Moultrie D40’s, I have two of them and they have worked well for me. $109.99 at Gander is not a good price on this camera, the every day price at Midway USA is $98.99. The first one I got two years ago was on sale at Cabelas for $69.99, the following year I got the second one at Midway USA for $70 something. Here are a couple of links to my Trail cam pics all of them were taken with the Moultrie D40.

Steve’s 2008 Trail Cam Pics

Steve’s Trail Cam Pics 2009

Effing Great. robbed AGAIN by Gander. man I hate that place, but its all we got around here

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Effing Great. robbed AGAIN by Gander. man I hate that place, but its all we got around here

Sorry… but this made me laugh out loud….

Thanks for that

Anonymous

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry… but this made me laugh out loud….

Thanks for that

Gander’s cheaper than cabela’s though!
    those wildgame innovation 5.0 MP IR for $99.00 are the bomb, got 2 out haven’t checked them in forever. fleet Farm on those, seen the 4.0 MP Ir was $89 there last week, shoulda bought some more.

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

I’ve got an HCO Scoutguard and it has been as good as advertised. It has a lot of great features for the price including video and is small and easy to use.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Hey guys Mills Fleet Farm has the Moultrie Game Spy D40 Digital Trail Camera on sale for $79.99 I picked up two today, also the ones at the Rochester store included a 1 GB SD card with the camera as well.

LINK

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.