Attention: Whitetail Scorers!

• travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

Hey fellow hunters,
    Just wondering if anyone could give me a thought on what my first “bow buck” scores. I took him two years ago on the evening of the 23rd of October. He has 13 scorable points, only 14 1/2 inches inside spread, weighed 196 field dressed. He is a buck that I struggled with taking…he would’ve been so much nicer in another year or two, but he was my first “bow buck” so I guess I’m happy with him! Not sure of the score or his age? Looking to see what you experts have to say…2 1/2 or 3 1/2? Please let me know what you think even though I know it’s hard to tell from a few pics and not seeing him in person!
    Thank you!

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Depending upon where your hunting that deer is at least 3 1/2 and could be a 4 1/2. I’m not sure how to score double brows but looking at the deer it should gross in the lower 130’s. We have a couple guys on this site that will chime in and they get pretty darn close when scoring. At any rate, that is a nice 1st bow buck…

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Depending upon where your hunting that deer is at least 3 1/2 and could be a 4 1/2. I’m not sure how to score double brows but looking at the deer it should gross in the lower 130’s. We have a couple guys on this site that will chime in and they get pretty darn close when scoring. At any rate, that is a nice 1st bow buck…

travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

Thanks LazyEyez! In question to where I am hunting…coincidently very close to you! I grew up on a farm west of Blair which is less than 10 miles from Arcadia. We have numerous P&Y and a few B&C bucks that are taken yearly in our area thanks to all of the neighbors buying into whitetail management! Here in Trempealeau County we rate only behind our neighboring Bufallo County in registered P&Y and B&C whitetails.
    I wonder how that rating would differ if everyone registered their deer in the trophy books!?! I know of over 50 deer taken over the past 10 years just in our area that are not put in the books just because it is not a top priority for us to get recognized around here!!!
    Thanks again!

travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

Thanks LazyEyez! In question to where I am hunting…coincidently very close to you! I grew up on a farm west of Blair which is less than 10 miles from Arcadia. We have numerous P&Y and a few B&C bucks that are taken yearly in our area thanks to all of the neighbors buying into whitetail management! Here in Trempealeau County we rate only behind our neighboring Bufallo County in registered P&Y and B&C whitetails.
    I wonder how that rating would differ if everyone registered their deer in the trophy books!?! I know of over 50 deer taken over the past 10 years just in our area that are not put in the books just because it is not a top priority for us to get recognized around here!!!
    Thanks again!

thegun
    mn

I would say gross around 130-135 may only net around 120-125

thegun
    mn

I would say gross around 130-135 may only net around 120-125

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

i would have to agree with being low 130’s and probably 3 1/2!! Nice deer

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

i would have to agree with being low 130’s and probably 3 1/2!! Nice deer

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Travis,
    I sent you a PM.
    I agree with the others. looks like about 130 class deer.
    I’ve done measuring at the MN Deer Classic for over 20 years. It does have some dissemitry which will subtract from it’s Typical score. otherwise, looks pretty clean.
    Bring it over, and let’s get it measured..
    Jack.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Travis,
    I sent you a PM.
    I agree with the others. looks like about 130 class deer.
    I’ve done measuring at the MN Deer Classic for over 20 years. It does have some dissemitry which will subtract from it’s Typical score. otherwise, looks pretty clean.
    Bring it over, and let’s get it measured..
    Jack.

travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

Hey thanks Jack! I look forward to meeting ya in person and learning how to score these bucks…and the one(s) that I will take down this year!
    Thanks again!

travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

Hey thanks Jack! I look forward to meeting ya in person and learning how to score these bucks…and the one(s) that I will take down this year!
    Thanks again!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.