Day 1 of my Northern WI fishing trip!

• Jordan Weiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMuHZGqKiZU

Kicked off a 5 day trip to Northern Wisconsin around the 4th of July in my Feelfree Lure 11.5 fishing kayak on a small lake and had an amazing morning!

Tossed a spinnerbait the whole morning and had great action around weedline edges and the shore line. This small lake didn’t disappoint, I caught a lot of big bass and even hooked into two really nice pike.

It was a great morning and weekend overall!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Jordan, nice video…I enjoyed watching. Reminds me of the many years I spent fishing those beautiful small lakes in N WI. I once had a small cabin on a small lake in Iron County very close to Mercer.
    Where are you from? I understand why you might not want to disclose the specific lakes you’re fishing but curious what area? Which county and nearby towns? I am not suggesting you start making commercials but if you made mention of the area and businesses around that you recommend, that would be a positive endorsement for them as well. Perhaps viewers would be interested in visiting those destinations.
    My observation of some of those N WI fishing communities was that they had faded in popularity in recent years. I watched as many resorts, restaurants, and other fishing related establishments boarded up. Was sad to see some of those places go.
    But then again, perhaps it has gone back to the solitude that it once was many years ago that is now the more favorable attraction.
    Anyway…thanks for sharing. waytogo

Jordan Weiler

Thank you for positive feedback! I’m actually from around Marshfield, WI but head to Rice Lake about once a month as my wife is from that area. I believe the lake I was fishing was in Washburn County. I hit quite a few lakes in Barron and Washburn County when I am visiting that area. Generally smaller ones, but occasionally try some bigger ones as well. Usually when I am fishing bigger or well known lakes I’ll say what lake I’m on, but not some of the smaller ones. IMO there are tons of great small lakes all around northern WI; just have to put the time in to find the best ones! Thanks for watching and the feedback.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.