Crystal Lake (Lakeville/Burnsville)

• Jake

Normally when I go to Crystal I target either pike or crappies, but I noticed on the DNRs website that they have walleye and sauger in that lake. Can anyone confirm this? I asked my brother, since he’s fished it a lot and he’s never caught one and doesn’t know anyone that has.

blackbay
    mn

You mean the one sauger that was caught in 2005 and the one walleye caught in 2000 in DNR surveys?

Ranger Johnson

I grew up very close to that lake. my friend caught a very large one some years back he has a nice picture of it with buck hill in the background. I also heard from a few old timers around the public dock that they’d catch a walleye here and their. Again that was probably close to ten years ago. I think it was stalked many years ago. I don’t think there is very many left in that lake. That being said it’s a cool lake and I saw someone weigh in a Smallmouth in a bass tournament once out their.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

On occasion the lake association will receive permission from the DNR to privately stock a lake if they come up with the funds on their own. I don’t know if this is specifically the case on this lake, but I know it to be the case on a few other smaller lakes in the metro area. The DNR fisheries survey will show none stocked but if you check the lake association website it may list it there.

Tom schmitt

I fish Crystal quite a bit. There are walleye but they are few and far between.
    Great bass lake though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.