Crazy Boat Parts!!!!

• Bartman

I need to replace four dash switches on my Ranger boat. Had no problem finding switches on Great Lakes Skipper site. (ordered from there on advice of local Ranger dealer). Switches are $10 a piece. Same switches thru Ranger are $36. Anyway….. the parts I got did not come with the threaded retainer ring that hold the switch in place. Ranger does not sell the rings. GL Skipper doesn’t either. The old rings will work…..if you don’t ruin one in the process. They are made out of plastic. Anybody know of any other sources for parts like this????

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If they are what I’m thinking of, I’ve found them at old school hardware stores. You may need to look thru lots of trays to locate then. Often a employee may know right away where they are. Just bring one in for a example. do they look like these

Attachments:
    1. switch-nut-2.jpg

2. Switch-nut-1.jpg

3. Switch-nut.jpg

Bartman

yes they do…. thanks

deertracker

If you have an Ace Hardware nearby, they will have them in the drawers above the bolts.
    DT

Riverrat

Is Radio Shack still a thing? They would have these if it is.

Bartman

I just got back from Ace Hardware and they had nothing. I was surprised….

CaptainMusky

Would fastenal have something like this?

deertracker

I just got back from Ace Hardware and they had nothing. I was surprised….

Hmm. Did they not have nylon nuts at all or just the wrong thread? I bought those from them before for a toggle switch.
    DT

Jimmy Jones

Menards or Home Depot will have nylon nuts.

Automotive parts house will also.

picklerick
    Central WI

An electronics distributor should have them. Can you tell the brand and/or the manufacturer’s part number? I source electrical and electronic parts all day and would take a look for you.

Riverrat

Digikey also sells these but I don’t know if they have a physical store. They are definately available online though.

Bartman

Picklerick…..you nailed it! Funny….when I called GLSkipper they said I was out of luck. I measured the switch barrel and this will work. Thanks for the link. I placed an order.
    Apparently you know more than the company.

picklerick
    Central WI

Glad I could help. I’ve been working inside sales for an electrical distributor close to 30yrs now. I bet I have those locknuts in my desk at the office, but I’m happily working from home the last 3yrs.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Digikey also sells these but I don’t know if they have a physical store. They are definately available online though.

I work at DK. You’ll be able to find them online if you have any part number for it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.