Covid Deer

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

Haha you can’t be serious, “limit cutting into and handling the deer’s lungs, throat, and mouth/nasal cavity to only what is necessary” as opposed to normally playing excessively with them…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

They have to scare people some how. The other tactics are starting to loose effect

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

jester rotflol I have recommendation for them….

TH

Do the people working for these government agencies actually have degrees of any sort or are they high school drop outs? No offense to high school drop outs.

David Vold
    Baraboo, WI

LMAO I am almost ashamed to say I live in Wisconsin. Next they will be telling you not to interact with your dogs.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

If the deer is wearing a vaccination collar you do not have to wear your mask.

JEREMY
    BP

How did the deer get it. All the deer i see social distance from people.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

If the deer is wearing a vaccination collar you do not have to wear your mask.

Now thats funny

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

How did the deer get it. All the deer i see social distance from people.

Bucks like to mate. Then the mama’s go back to the kids and bed down and the buck is on the the next one. Kinda like aids

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Are whitetail deer walking into testing sites now? I have to see that

I know there was something about a bunch of deer in Iowa being found positive for the virus but to say they have covid would require symptoms of a disease and not just a positive test. Last year they tested the water in one of the great lakes and the sample was positive for the virus.

I would guess the first deer to get it was in a petting zoo or deer farm that needed medical attention and from there it spread like CWD did in WI

Sylvanboat

Do the people working for these government agencies actually have degrees of any sort or are they high school drop outs? No offense to high school drop outs.

In Illinois govt workers only need to join the union. No education of any kind required.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I can see the Deer Vaccine mandate coming now….. jester

TH

Deer will be easier to vaccinate, you can use a dart gun. If all the deer are vaccinated, will we reach herd immunity?

B-man

Call me crazy, but last weekend a pair of does and a fawn came blasting up to my stand (I assume the neighbor jumped them, there was no buck behind them)

One of the does literally coughed just like a person??

The second I heard it, I immediately thought it was weird and never once remember hearing a deer cough before.

Anyway, I shot the biggest of the two does (not the one that coughed). She was a horse of a deer that has probably busted me more than once in the last few years.

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20211113_205851667-scaled.jpg

LabDaddy1

I’ve read reports and studies that showed it’s transmittable from humans to animals, but not vise versa. I’d have to dig it up again but pretty sure that’s what I read

wkw

Now they’re saying we should be careful about having family over for Thanksgiving, but there’s 50-100,000 people in every football stadium
    every weekend. Something stinks here and it ain’t the football game.

Tom schmitt

It would be interesting to take random samples of everything imaginable to see if it has covid.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Now they’re saying we should be careful about having family over for Thanksgiving, but there’s 50-100,000 people in every football stadium

I’m so over this crap. My company went to mandatory masks last year, then they said get vaccinated and take the mask off, then they said no quarantine if your vaccinated and had close contact. Now there saying masks mandatory starting next week vaccinated or not. Baaa baaa 🐑

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I feel for the people who follow these orders. And everyone who had family members pass away alone because they listen to the system and sit at home alone. Crazy I’m in mpls everyday, never a mask. In huge groups, big family gatherings and no one has gotten anything but a sniffle. I remember people wouldn’t have family over last Thanksgiving because walz told them no lol.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Now there saying masks mandatory starting next week vaccinated or not.

My office/agency has had that policy in place since July.

One of the selling points to originally getting vaccinated was to avoid having to always wear a freaking mask inside. Kinda frustrates me flame

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My office/agency has had that policy in place since July.

One of the selling points to originally getting vaccinated was to avoid having to always wear a freaking mask inside. Kinda frustrates me flame
    [/quote]

Thats what happens when every one keeps bowing to the ” short term mandates “

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I wish I could repost Brenda Picht’s post about her husband Stephen. Angler, Tourney Angler, Major Promoter of Kids Fishing. Just an all around great guy.

He’s younger than me, seemed to be just as healthy.
    I don’t know how many days he’s been in the hospital, but it’s day 30 on the vent with no end in sight.

With the passing of RRR, a few others I know personally and Stephen in the hospital, I’m finding it harder to laugh at Covid more and more each day.

Stephen could use more prayers if you have a moment.

Ripjiggen

Prayers sent Brian. Sad deal for sure.

flanders51

Like most people, I don’t like to be a contrarian. Like most midwesterners, I don’t like to tell people my opinion or make waves.

However, I wanted to speak out and let anybody who cares know that I am for masks and vaccine mandates. There are so many people who say how tired of this they all are. So am I but it doesn’t make it go away. I don’t hear enough people saying their opinion about why rules matter and we need public officials to protect us from ourselves. I had an uncle die of COVID. My wife is directly effected by it everyday, as a practicing physician. She has watched people die from it. It takes up needed hospital beds. My kids had it just two weeks ago and it interrupted my life and their lives. Why? Mainly because the school took away a mask mandate because people complained and half the school promptly got sick. Guess what, mask mandate back in effect. COVID is real and it is dangerous.

I am also frustrated by all the mandates and rule changes and annoying effect on my life. All the above being said, is it really that hard to wear a mask? Is it really that hard to try and keep others safe? Do we have to make jokes and poke fun at public officials who are just trying to do what they are being advised by the medical community is best? What is wrong with getting a vaccine shot if it helps everybody? What is wrong with wearing a mask? I do it. It’s not perfect but we as a society can swallow our pride, take one for the team, and go about our business. End of story.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Flanders-
    I do not disagree that there is a sickness.
    HOWEVER, there have been so many red flags with how it has been dealt with.
    – This is not a vaccine, it is a shot. It does not stop one from getting or spreading it. It has lessened the felt symptoms for some and caused big problems for some.
    – long term Clinical testing has been completely thrown out the window based on “emergency orders” – what a great idea…
    – Lets not even get started on the one sided medias message, how about we discuss the many having horrible side effects and dying that is being caused by the shot…
    – Every day we are bombarded by legal cases about drugs that did go through years of testing that 10 to 20 yrs down the road we find horrible and deadly effects from.
    – way too many red flags with those individuals “directing the public” and where they have their money invested.
    – to top it all off Govt is now threatening to make individuals that have not gotten a shot be publicly exposed at work by making ONLY them wear a mask and be tested weekly for a sickness ANYONE can get or spread even if they get the shot. sounds like Nazi Germany and making Jews wear the Star of David, branding witches and The Scarlet Letter… To add to that many of the company are choosing not to mess with it and fire individuals for their choice to not get a shot. But we cant fire someone for religious, color or skin, sexual choices and so on that have been established and fought hard for.

– Vaccine passports, its ok to stop people from entering or doing something that have not gotten a shot but we cant use discriminate against race, sex, sexual preference, religion and so on as a reason but show me your vac papers is totally acceptable…

What it boils down to is this country was founded around freedoms and setting up a government that has checks and balances. Freedoms are being infringed upon by the government and the checks and balances systems that were put in place have also been side stepped by using the term “emergency order”.

People need to let individuals do their thing. I will do what I see best for me and my family, and you can do the same. When you try to tread on me, my beliefs and freedoms expect resistance.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

However, I wanted to speak out and let anybody who cares know that I am for masks and vaccine mandates. There are so many people who say how tired of this they all are. So am I but it doesn’t make it go away. I don’t hear enough people saying their opinion about why rules matter and we need public officials to protect us from ourselves. I had an uncle die of COVID. My wife is directly effected by it everyday, as a practicing physician. She has watched people die from it. It takes up needed hospital beds. My kids had it just two weeks ago and it interrupted my life and their lives. Why? Mainly because the school took away a mask mandate because people complained and half the school promptly got sick. Guess what, mask mandate back in effect. COVID is real and it is dangerous.

Flanders I understand and empathize with you, and I think most people realize Covid is real. And it is dangerous for a large amount of older and unhealthy people. Masks (cloth/surgical) do not work to stop aerosol spread, and only have a very small marginal impact from stopping droplets. Covid likely would have spread throughout your kids school regardless of mask status. Covid is also not going away, even with a mandate and masking. We know this due to the growing # of breakthrough cases as vaccine efficacy wanes after 6 months, numerous real world examples of masking having no impact (remember when the media said basically Florida and Texas were sending people to the morgue for removing their mandates, and cases/hospitalizations/deaths all plummeted?), and places like Gibraltar having 100% of their adult population vaccinated (many boosted as well) and cases spiking again (or UK and Israel having an overwhelming majority vaccinated, yet still dealing with Covid). And to be totally clear, I am vaccinated and still recommend anyone older or in poor physical health get the vaccine. But mandating it or ruining peoples careers is a non-starter for me, and the Constitution as the mandates are being overturned in the courts.

And our public officials do NOT follow the advice from the best in the medical community as demonstrated in the attached article from Martin Kulldorff, Ph.D., who is an epidemiologist, biostatistician, and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Jay Bhattacharya, MD, Ph.D., who is a Professor of Health Policy at Stanford University School of Medicine.

http://www.newsweek.com/how-fauci-fooled-america-opinion-1643839

blackbay

Back to the original topic. Just how is one susceptible to getting Covid from a dead deer? It’s not breathing anymore, or at least that is the idea. Is Covid transmissible through blood now? Are they saying if I gut out a deer the virus will soak through my skin and I’ll get it? IMO unless you’re giving a deer you just shot first aid and CPR, I think you’ll be just fine.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.