Covid Booster Vaccination – Any post shot effects?

• Deuces

I know very few people like myself who got the JJ, let alone the JJ booster. Any experience out there?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, phizer and didn’t even have a sore arm. For what it’s worth, I’m 63.

grizzly
    nebraska

65 and had both moderna shots and a flu shot and hardly a sore arm

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Had the Moderna booster,nothing.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I know very few people like myself who got the JJ, let alone the JJ booster. Any experience out there?

I got te JJ because it was the leazt effektiff and was oWoN shot.

pass0047
    Pool4

Just got Pfizer booster last Saturday. Little tired and did not sleep well for couple nights.
    Better sleep last night

Jason

My mother had the J&J booster a few weeks ago. She was laid up in bed for over a week and lost 15lbs in 10 days. Dam near took her out is her description of it.

stevenoak

Can let you know Monday. My brother was fine. Mid-day he was working in the yard. He said it was like someone let the giddy up out of him. He went in the house and slept the rest of the day. I have a reaction to most drugs and vaccinations. I can say I’m one person the shot did everything I wanted it to. Got my wife off my back. Also, I shoot every week with a group of guys in their 70’s and 80’s. The crap I’ve put in my body over the last 65 years. If this kills me. Must be my time. Most reactions I’ve heard of, came from the booster.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

These jabs seem just as risky as catching the Rona. Most people do fine but a lot don’t. Roll of the dice no matter which way you slice it.

Snake ii’s

JnJ shot 4-1 – no effects other than slight fatigue for ~ 48 hours.
    JnJ booster 10-31 – felt crappy (worse than 1st shot) for ~ few days and arm was sore.

nord

I’m 73 and had the Pfizer booster. I had no side effects what so ever, but then again I’m a German. toast

Deuces

Why the need for a booster so soon on what would be average folks? Google really didn’t satisfy any of my questions.

Yearly flu shots are the norm, obviously taking one every 365 days is meant more for just easy calendar notes, bc viruses don’t follow solar phases. Its my understanding the covid boosters don’t have any of the new strains, unlike the yearly flu shots where they switch it up to the more popular strains that are going around or predicted to that year more or less correct?

I’m all for taking a jab to keep out the hospital but another so soon, again for my demographic, is a lil sus.

disco bobber

Moderna vaccine and booster. Booster effects similar to 2nd dose. Tired, a little chilled, and achy. I planned so I was off the next day and spent most of the day just watching TV and prepping for deer hunting. I was just fine doing those activities but going to work or hunting hard might have been tough.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Why the need for a booster so soon on what would be average folks? Google really didn’t satisfy any of my questions.

Yearly flu shots are the norm, obviously taking one every 365 days is meant more for just easy calendar notes, bc viruses don’t follow solar phases. Its my understanding the covid boosters don’t have any of the new strains, unlike the yearly flu shots where they switch it up to the more popular strains that are going around or predicted to that year more or less correct?

I’m all for taking a jab to keep out the hospital but another so soon, again for my demographic, is a lil sus.

Actually the seasonal cold and flu do follow the calendar so getting your flu shot in the fall is necessary. Not only that the flu shot wanes after a couple months. Some have recommended to get your flu shot at the beginning of December rather than September when the CDC wants you to so that the antibodies are stronger during the most severe period of the flu season.

As for the COVID vaccines, the mRNA double dose was developed to get to market asap and still have high efficacy. Basically the 3 and 4 week delay between doses was the minimum amount of time to get a strong immune response. Durability was not really considered. They knew the time between the two doses would not result in the maximum durability. Most vaccines with boosters are a minimum of 3-6 months between. Your immune system needs time to develop certain cells to make them highly effective.

The 3rd dose is really acting as that delayed dose that should give a much more durable response over time.

The other issue is that COVID has not shown seasonal characteristics yet. If we could count on it going away in the summer we might be able to count on booster doses only in the fall with your flu shot.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Moderna 3 times here. I don’t really care what people choose to do for themselves. Don’t criticize people for being vaccinated or not being vaccinated. Every family has different risks they weigh into the decision. Our family decided vaccines were the right choice for us as my wife works with Covid + patients every single day, I am around hundreds of people at my primary job, and my parents are are around us a ton with my father being a cancer survivor who has no immune system. My wife also lost a 48 year old healthy coworker to Covid early in the Pandemic. That was basically the turning point for us to make a move. So far we’ve got no regrets and live our lives in the same way we did before the pandemic while being vaccinated. I did show antibodies BEFORE my first vaccine, which meant I clearly had Covid before vaccines were even available but never realized I had it.

-1st shot = January of 2021 with no side effects whatsoever

-2nd shot = February of 2021 with some chills and then sweats…few aches for a day

-Booster = Early November of 2021 with no side effects whatsoever

Denny O
    Central IOWA

All 3 were Phyzer shots. Other than the innitional stick of the needle there were no after effects.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Full vaccine, flu, shingles ,sore arm about it .Oh and one more thing the biggest side affect, it kept the majority of people out of the hospital and flat out dying . Still covid spreading fast around the world with mutations !

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The wife is feeling much better this morning, so it seems like it was about a 36Hr. side effect for her.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Why the need for a booster so soon on what would be average folks?

Three reasons.

Unlike the flu where generally exposure to the virus is lessened during the summer months because we aren’t kept inside all the time, COVID is even more contagious than the flu, so it is necessary to keep your protection topped up.

Also, because roughly 33% of the population is unvaccinated, and because protection even for the vaccinated is not 100%, we haven’t come anywhere close to herd immunity the way we did with other diseases that were vaccinated out of existence in the US like polio or smallpox. COVID continues to be a big problem because so many people are still getting and spreading the disease.

Finally, all immune responses to vaccines vary. Bad luck for us, but the bottom line is the immune response to a COVID vaccine declines quicker than we’d like. Just the way it works. Combine this with the above point about herd immunity and it’s necessary to keep up with the boosters because the chance of infection is so great.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

A little off topic. Not getting any booster here. Took the J&J in July. Have had all kinds of bad reactions. Still suffering the side effects. Docs have no clue. Just “Keeping an eye on it” Uggg.. Worst medical decision I have ever made. Will probably regret this for the rest of my life.

-J.

buschman
    Pool 2

This is off topic as well but an important question.. Does anyone know an individual that has contracted covid twice?? Just curious. I do not know anyone myself.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

This is off topic as well but an important question.. Does anyone know an individual that has contracted covid twice?? Just curious. I do not know anyone myself.

My aunt. Second time was far worse the the first.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

A little off topic. Not getting any booster here. Took the J&J in July. Have had all kinds of bad reactions. Still suffering the side effects. Docs have no clue. Just “Keeping an eye on it” Uggg.. Worst medical decision I have ever made. Will probably regret this for the rest of my life.

-J.

Sorry to hear that Jon. It seem like you hear that statement from people on both sides of this Vaccination. I know some who got it and have had medical issues every since and regret getting it. On the other hand I know others who didn’t get their and ended up in the hospital and almost died and say not getting the shot was the worst decision they have ever made. Like everything with this poop, there is just not a clear right.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Wife returned from business in Singapore in January 2020. 2 weeks later I fell ill, knocked on my rear for 4 weeks, lingering issues well into March. No tests available, I displayed all alleged COVID symptoms that we now know. Coughing blood for a few days. 2 doctor visits diagnosed me with some kind of acute viral pneumonia. I am assuming now that was COVID despite not being able to take any sort of test.

I tested positive in April 2021; the reason I was tested was because I abruptly lost my taste and smell. Absolutely no other symptoms, and got taste and smell back 4 days later. This makes perfect biological sense, if I had it in 2020 I mounted a strong immune response and was not affected the 2nd time.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

I know of a few people that have had it twice. What I’m curious of is has anyone got it that has had it and has been jabbed?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buschman wrote:</div>

I know of a few people that have had it twice. What I’m curious of is has anyone got it that has had it and has been jabbed?

The CDC says its rare and I heard one very outspoken doctor the other day unequivocally state you cannot get it twice, but you know a few people that have? Its contradictory information like this that drives me nuts.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I know one person that Got it once prior to being vaccinated and again since being vaccinated. He was scheduled for his booster when he was confirmed positive the 2nd time. He had less effects the first time he had it than the 2nd time. So he had natural immunity from his first case of covid + 2 Covid Vaccinations and still got it a 2nd time. For the record this is a person who otherwise has been really healthy all his life. Like I said. I ‘m starting to think if its you time, you are going to get it no matter what you do. Just my .02 worth

RVRDUX
    Dakota, MN

The CDC says its rare and I heard one very outspoken doctor the other day unequivocally state you cannot get it twice, but you know a few people that have? Its contradictory information like this that drives me nuts.
    [/quote]

I have had it twice. Once last Nov. and again in Aug. The first time was hospitalized for a few days with PE. The second time not much of anything. Fully vaccinated this spring. Haven’t had the booster yet.
    Also know many others who have had it twice and are vaccinated.

Thanks,
    RVRDUX

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

I ‘m starting to think if its you time, you are going to get it no matter what you do.

Yep, exactly! And results may vary….

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.