Cool Weather Pants

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I think we should turn this into the official IDO clothing tab. People have a lot to say about what to wear and good stuff that performs and lasts.
    For instance. I am testing some new cool weather pants that I never thought I would like. Stretch nylon (Im a jean guy)
    but with fleece lining. Very thin and lite but they punch above their weight in warmth. Blocks wind.
    They are almost dressy but that’s probably just me and my normal low-class in clothing. I have been bragging up flannel jeans for 20 years and wear them exclusively from now till spring. These are going to be a nice edition. BTW my go-to flannel jean right now is Eddie Bauer. Very soft and comfortable. Both of these pants are currently sale which makes perfect sense since I recently paid full price……

https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/12951203/men’s-guide-pro-lined-pants?sp=1&color=Dark%20Smoke

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I don’t do those type of pants. But I work out side and hang out side all winter. I don’t like wearing bibs unless ice fishing. I found menards fleece lined pants to be about the best bang for the buck, both strong and comfortable. 25 bucks a pair and I have 6 pairs that are from last winter or the winter before. I used to wear carhartt flannel lined but these are way more comfortable. And I sure ain’t spending 75 to a 100 on pants.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

These. 24.99

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20231127_132233_Chrome.jpg

tswoboda

Haven’t had the fleece lined but I’ve had a few pairs of the regular EB Guide Pro pants and all of the back pockets have ripped threads on the bottom so stuff falls out.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I don’t really get cool weather pants, rather layer with a larger size.

I’ve switched over to predominately the Milwaukee Work pants. I think I have 5 pairs in total (3 my size, 2 one size up). They are the best blend of durability, comfort, and useful pockets that I have found. The only con I’ve found is the fly can work its way down over time, and the button can be a little clumsy when they are new. I wear under armour leggings under the larger sizes for winter. If those don’t cut it, I put on the Striker bibs.

Deuces

Duluth flex dry lined on the fly are wonderful. Warm and cozy, not a big jeans guy. Have held up great so far, my go to outdoor pants.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I don’t do those type of pants. But I work out side and hang out side all winter. I don’t like wearing bibs unless ice fishing. I found menards fleece lined pants to be about the best bang for the buck, both strong and comfortable. 25 bucks a pair and I have 6 pairs that are from last winter or the winter before. I used to wear carhartt flannel lined but these are way more comfortable. And I sure ain’t spending 75 to a 100 on pants.

More for refined cold weather activities and looking good.

isu22andy

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe loading=”lazy” title=”ATG by Wrangler Men’s Fleece Lined Utility Pant, Bungee Cord” type=”text/html” width=”850″ height=”550″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”” style=”max-width:100%” src=”https://read.amazon.com/kp/card?preview=inline&linkCode=kpd&ref_=k4w_oembed_cQbebHrqirffOI&asin=B0C91M1XW6&tag=kpembed-20″></iframe></div&gt;
    Asking for these for Christmas. Really enjoy the un insulated ones for other times of the year. Way better to wear under striker than jeans

My post didn’t work – Wrangler ATG fleece lined . Big fan of the regular ones for hiking around other than it’s really tough to find tall kid sizes in store ( Walmart )

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

More for refined cold weather activities and looking good.
    [/quote]

Same, the brown ones from menards are a great every day winter pant. And you can get 3 pairs for the price of one Eddie Bauer if your not worried about having to wear name brand. I’m hard on pants so I don’t spend to much on mine.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Same, the brown ones from menards are a great every day winter pant. And you can get 3 pairs for the price of one Eddie Bauer if your not worried about having to wear name brand. I’m hard on pants so I don’t spend to much on mine.

I guess I never looked at them, I am also hard on pants. I will be picking some of those up to try this winter.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

I guess I never looked at them, I am also hard on pants. I will be picking some of those up to try this winter.

I’ve been wearing them for a couple years and really like them for the price.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Im going to Menards to take a look at their products and Ill be pleasantly surprised if the $20 pants don’t LOOK LIKE $20 pants.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

They actually look alright on me. But I’m more worried about how the feel and last. This pair is over a year old, worn hard. I like them. I’m not trying to impress anyone with what I wear though. I’m not 18 any more. Try them out. Worst you can loose is 25 bucks.

Attachments:
    1. 20231128_141609-scaled.jpg

Deuces

Guy who lives at work and then in the woods is going to have different taste than those who spend their time other places. I wouldn’t judge em for it.

Only beef I have w the fancy pants fancy fabrics is they elude to lil Johnny alot more than a good pair of jeans. When he manages his way up to a 430 when he should be straight down at 6 concealing under the ever more so needed fly fabric it creates alot more imagination to pull off a lift the leg and adjust routine in conspciuous places.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Guy who lives at work and then in the woods is going to have different taste than those who spend their time other places. I wouldn’t judge em for it.

Only beef I have w the fancy pants fancy fabrics is they elude to lil Johnny alot more than a good pair of jeans. When he manages his way up to a 430 when he should be straight down at 6 concealing under the ever more so needed fly fabric it creates alot more imagination to pull off a lift the leg and adjust routine in conspciuous places.

I don’t believe there is any judgment unless you have bejeweled Jean pockets. And if your pockets are bejeweled then you asked for it chased

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

hah Always thought wearing EB branded clothes was same as driving a Subaru.

-J.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

-J.

Me too until they were the only ones making something I want or the best rendition of it.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

-J.

My thoughts exactly Jon. They are marketing to the Skinny Jean crowd. Sorry Suzuki. -)

Deuces

Let’s not trigger Sharon fellas w subaru talk grin

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

You guys are both set in your ways and wrong. I do it all the time. jester

Coletrain27

jeans and duluth trading long underwear for me all winter. if i want something warmer ill wear carhartt insulated pants. if i really want to be warm then bibs

Sharon
    SE Metro

Let’s not trigger Sharon fellas w subaru talk grin

No worries here. Women should drive Subarus, and men should drive trucks IMO. wink

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

In case anyone is looking you can get the eddie bauer pants in camo for $38 with their discount holiday60 right now.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

I just wish I could find a pair of jeans that don’t keep dropping down at the waist …..

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

@Bearcat89

Your pants are on sale at Menards. $22.99.

Thanks buddy. I appreciate the heads up. That’s a solid deal for a good winter everyday pant.

Gerty

No problem I may have to check them out myself!

Coletrain27

might have to check them out myself for work pants at that price

X2 im gonna check them out also

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.