Computer security help.

• primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

I downloaded a disc for security a year or so ago, well known company, haven’t had any problems.
    Now I’m getting a email notice to renew. They seem to know all the details etc. and with one click I’ll be renewed for one more year + three months bonus. I’m not a very trusting person, so I’m asking you trustworthy friends, Is this a ligit way to renew my security??

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Usually the safest way to renew is to use your browser and go directly to the companies website and renew there. If you don’t trust the email don’t click on any links.

munchy
    NULL

Or call their Customer Service line directly. If it’s legit they’ll tell you and likely offer to renew you right then.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I downloaded a disc for security a year or so ago, well known company, haven’t had any problems.
    Now I’m getting a email notice to renew. They seem to know all the details etc. and with one click I’ll be renewed for one more year + three months bonus. I’m not a very trusting person, so I’m asking you trustworthy friends, Is this a ligit way to renew my security??

With the good advice already mentioned, my renewal notices come just like you have received and been renewing that way for over a decade. Webroot is my security software company.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.