Coleman 2-burner Stove $29 great deal

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Great deal. Just told the woman to grab one

Iowaboy1

Man, thats a good deal but I like my classic gas burner that I bought with my hay making money when I was thirteen years old, gawd that was a long long time ago!
    I still use it to this day! who doesnt like reliving yesteryear filling that little tank with white gas and pumping up the plunger like a hunnert times!
    That little stove would heat up a cast iron skillet so fast! and make the best bacon save for a campfire ever!!

Coletrain27

I’ve never used one but for $29 bucks I might need one whistling

B-man

Those are pretty bulletproof stoves, but when it’s windy, cold, or you’re trying to do a big meal, fry fish or boil a pot of water they lack the BTU’s really needed to get the job done in any decent amount of time.

However for $29 it’s a heck of a deal and would be just fine for summer camping, cooking inside or as a backup waytogo

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

They are a great in the portable breakfast cooker. I had one for many years, but yes in the wind with out a nice wind block they suck. Cooked many many meals on one of these. I bought a new one just because mine is getting old.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Dang, I was looking at getting the single burner coleman one but that’s even cheaper than those.

FinickyFish

I’ve held off on all the other deals posted on this site, but I think ill have to pull the trigger on this one. Trying to talk the Mrs. into an overnight on Mille Lacs in my new hub and this would be a nice addition.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve held off on all the other deals posted on this site, but I think ill have to pull the trigger on this one. Trying to talk the Mrs. into an overnight on Mille Lacs in my new hub and this would be a nice addition.

They work great in the hub. We always do eggs bacon sausage and toast.just make sure to size your pan right

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

They work great in the hub. We always do eggs bacon sausage and toast.just make sure to size your pan right

That’s why I’m looking at them for sure. Going to do the ice camping thing a few times this season.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I already have a single butane burner and an old white gas coleman but I couldn’t resist this deal. Thanks for posting

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

. The butane stoves cost about the same and are much easier to use.

Attachments:
    1. E0B9810C-F5AD-4270-9792-9381BD600C14.jpeg

2. 4E587E50-0D7E-4C5F-BA3D-92270746761E.png

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

That is a great deal. I am not sure where to find it anymore but Coleman makes a cast iron flat griddle that cover both burners.

B-man

Those butane stoves are wimpier yet, only kicking out 7,500 BTU’s and no wind guard. They work okay indoors for smaller meals, but that’s about it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Those small butane stoves suck

B-man

For someone interested in a kick ass high output stove at a great price, there’s one in Forest Lake brand new in box asking $85 (they retail for $175).

It’s a 50,000 BTU stove and the same one I use. You can run a pressure cooker and deep fry fish, but still adjust down to a simmer. I’d buy it myself but I need another camp stove like I need another hole in my head lol

The new model is an Everest 2. It’s supposed to be a really nice stove as well, but the cooking area is 1/3 smaller and it’s 40,000 BTUs (still twice the output as most camp stoves)

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20221220-080256.png

Coletrain27

Just picked one up. The price in store is more. Just showed them the online price on my phone and they price matched the $29. Thanks mojo

tswoboda

Butane is worthless under 30 degrees, just doesn’t work. The Coleman classic is 10k BTU per burner which is pretty standard across the board. Standard burners on your house range are around 10k and most have a high output burner that’s around 15k. That Camp Chef is a rocket ship, full blast it can empty a 1 lber in 30 minutes.

CBMN
    North Metro

I picked one up to add to the camping cooking options. Thanks for posting mojo.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ve held off on all the other deals posted on this site, but I think ill have to pull the trigger on this one.

Same here. Managed to avoid the FOMO. However, I found myself in Target last night running an errand for the FW. (Closest thing to hell on earth, BTW) Tossed one in the cart for myself. whistling

2 left on the shelf at the east St Paul store on Suburban.

-J.

Gitchi Gummi

$29 is a heck of a deal for that stove. Obviously not ideal for all situations but man those coleman stoves hold up well. I’ve cooked many, many meals on my coleman stove over the years.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

That’s a good deal. The problem is that I have a ~15 year old one that runs flawlessly. These things are durable and should only be a once or twice in a lifetime purchase.

They don’t ramp up a ton of BTUs as others have said, but they’re great for eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, pancakes, boil corn, and so on.

NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

Picked up the coleman two burner yesterday. Heck of a deal. Fried some walleye up on it last night. worked great. can’t wait to use it more.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Is it even summer if dad isn’t swearing at the Coleman brass regulator sleeve that won’t bite the threads?

mojo

Glad to see a few of you were able to take advantage of this deal.

Nice to feel I can contribute to the forum somehow. My fishing advice sure isn’t much help mrgreen

blank

My old Century stove was acting up last year so I picked one of these up last night. Thanks mojo!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.