Cold and Snowy Weather Forecast – KARE 11

• trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

KARE 11 Predicting more snow and colder temps this winter…. starting when???

Whoever guesses the first 0 degree (F) temp correctly wins a case of SPAM, courtesy of Brian.

Pete

(I’m taking December 22nd)

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Where? Parts of Northern MN area going to see subzero by Monday.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Red lake is supposed to be 3 degrees early week.

ThunderLund78

I just hope the cold comes before the snow, would be good to get a thick layer of ice before we throw 14″ of snow on top of it.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i’ve seen a high of 6 and low of -6 on monday in northern mn!!!!! waytogo

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I wouldn’t trust the weather terrorists as far as I can throw them.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m thinking TC area as that’s where I’ll be on the ice….. No doubt my relatives in Embarrass are already bundling up.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

KARE 11 Predicting more snow and colder temps this winter…. starting when???

Whoever guesses the first 0 degree (F) temp correctly wins a case of SPAM, courtesy of Brian.

Pete

(I’m taking December 22nd)

It was 0 degrees on Thursday, November 25th in International Falls.

…PM me for my address on the SPAM prize

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say 12/8 at my house in East Bethel.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

when it comes to snow totals and storms, yea i agree…..not so much with temps!!!!!

CaptainMusky

There are a few weather guessers I trust. A couple on Facebook who are interestingly enough not even meteorologists, but do it for fun. They are both generally very accurate. JohnDee.com is another. Been following him for 20 plus years. He is out of the UP, but does text and graphic forecasts for the entire Midwest. His latest update just said the recent model runs for this weekend are actually strengthening the storm with another one following mid week, but that is too far out for him to have much faith in.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I just skip the meteorologists when it comes to winter weather and watch the European weather models. They’ve proven to be the most accurate predicting winter storms for quite some time. Novak Weather on the Book Face is pretty interesting. He’s knowledgeable and educates the viewers rather than just spitting out guesses. His predictions and graphics are often on the slightly more extreme side with big temperature changes and precipitation amounts (probably to help create excitement/attention).

Sunday’s snow looks to be mainly staying in the Northern part of the state. I’m going to guess 2-4″ for the majority of the area with some localized heavier spots.

Tuesday another system seems to come through but this model has it impacting the southern part of MN with a few inches of snow at most.

The following Saturday has another small system impacting the southern part of MN. That’s a long ways away and a crapshoot though.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

This. They cant predict a season. Ive been a serious sledder all my life and used to devour forecasts waiting for snow. Not so much now but I no longer trust their forecasting when it comes to snow.

KP
    Hudson, WI

When Kare 11 predicts we will get 4 inches of snow we always seem to get way more and when they predict say 8 inches we get nothing.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Snownomi in the northland this weekend! They don’t know how much, but the weather terrorists are beating the drum pretty hard! Every year it gets worse. They seem to react like we live in Texas or something and never get snow in the winter…

CaptainMusky

Snownomi in the northland this weekend! They don’t know how much, but the weather terrorists are beating the drum pretty hard! Every year it gets worse. They seem to react like we live in Texas or something and never get snow in the winter…

when the weather channel started naming snowstorms like hurricanes I switched them off. What a joke.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This. They cant predict a season. Ive been a serious sledder all my life and used to devour forecasts waiting for snow. Not so much now but I no longer trust their forecasting when it comes to snow

I kinda feel for you with these mild winters. I am not a snowmobiler myself but I can see the frustration with it. And quite honestly if you were going to make a winter prediction, the odds would favor a mild one with less than average snow fall.

One of my neighbors was running his lawn mower yesterday afternoon. On Dec 1. Lol

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>DeRangedFishinguy wrote:</div>

when the weather channel started naming snowstorms like hurricanes I switched them off. What a joke.

Yes, it’s out of control. All media just pumps fear at every turn.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s the dumbing down of America.

You must now be told that it’s cold in the winter (wear a warm coat) and it might snow. (leave early for work)

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’ve been doing my own research. It turns out, about 20,000 people die each year from hypothermia. That’s like 0.0001% chance of actually dying from hypothermia. Not only that but about 50% of those that die from hypothermia, die with a coat on.

How absurd is it to think a coat prevents hypothermia? They’re clearly not effective at all. Beside, how many people are hurt or die each year putting on a coat?

I for one am not giving into Big Coat and am not going to let Brandon force me to wear one.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Haha, I see what you’re trying to do there…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I must admit John Dee is the place I go for snow forecasting. That guy loves snow and does his best to be accurate and honest about his forecasts.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Kare11 has Belinda. You guys keep getting your weather from weird dudes on the internet.

I’m sticking with her.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say 12/8 at my house in East Bethel.

Picture was taken on Monday evening.

Attachments:
    1. 603C20D8-E835-41B2-97C1-4B4461788A5C.jpeg

KPE
    River Falls, WI

negative 2 this morning around Prescott and Ellsworth. Took the snowmobiles around the yard last night to make sure everything felt nice and solid and ready to ride. More snow in the forecast Thursday and Friday. Feels good!

Brittman

Cold here too, East metro bottoming out at 2F. Ice – ice – ice.

Kare11 is always worst case (well best case of you XC ski or sled) on snowfall totals.

Most are now backing off on estimates as storm may track south ??

We believe (antedotal evidence) that 5 and 9 do a better job.

CaptainMusky

Kare11 has Belinda. You guys keep getting your weather from weird dudes on the internet.

I’m sticking with her.

She may be nicer to look at but she is certainly nowhere near as accurate.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.