Clearwater Lake Manitoba

• MNBOWHUNTIN

Has anybody ice fished Lakers up there?

Going up at the end of March for a 6 day trip, 2 travel and 4 fishing. First time up there.

Cameron white

Make sure your up on the regs. Big lakers being posted!

Cameron white

Posted on our local fb page. Caught two days ago.

Attachments:
    1. E6D45B94-AD5E-48E7-B26B-B4405777563D.jpeg

MNBOWHUNTIN

Wow! Thats what this dream trip is all about. Do you have any info on the lake and how to fish it?
    Info on it is sparse online, most of what I have learned or seen has come from the Uncut videos.

Cameron white

I haven’t fished it myself, on the bucket list! I do have several good friends that fish it regularly. I do know they have a heavy snowpack on the lake, snowmobile only. Lots of ice ridges. Pete’s pro tackle will have everything you need tackle wise. Sucker belly is a must I’m told. I can message you the name of a guide up there that’s put out some heavy fish if you want.

jigapoolza01

Hi I fish there some . We had a 41″ fish stuck in my ion hole . I would bring a 10″ auger if you can . Probably be 40″ of ice by then so better have an extension. White tubes with either frozen minnow or smelt or stripe of sucker belly works well . We do lots of chumming with either sucker belly or minnows or smelt . The fish can be anywhere from 25 ft to 125 ft.lots of big fish caught on dead lines with some bigger bait such as whole ciscoes . Jigging for big lakers we don’t fish aggressively, sometimes less is more if you know what I mean. Hope this helps a and you get a few big ones. Anything over 65cm which is 25 or 26″ has to be released.

MNBOWHUNTIN

Awesome, good info there. Definitely going to have a 10″ auger and multiple extensions. Thats interesting on the whole ciscoes, how big are you talking? 10-12″?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Has anybody ice fished Lakers up there?

Going up at the end of March for a 6 day trip, 2 travel and 4 fishing. First time up there.

We are heading up there this Spring ( 2nd week of June ) That may be summer here, but since it is only a few weeks after ice out up there I’ll call it Spring. Really looking forward to the trip. Over 7 days of fishing planned. Going to be taking side trips to several other lakes in the area for Monster Pike and even for some SM bass. June can’t get here soon enough. Be sure to report on how your trip is.

jigapoolza01

We’ve had some really good luck up there mid June . The fish seem to be scattered all over that time of year.I like to anchor and jig with lots of chumming.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.