Clearwater Lake

• matthewkolden

Anyone have any knowledge on clearwater lake, a few miles south of deerwood? Curious how the fishing is there, walleye especially, but really everything.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Look up the DNR Lake Finder and they will have gill net findings to help you find out what is in the lake.

blank

It’s a really nice lake. Lots of structure, rocks, steep drop offs not a lot of weeds except for the lily pad areas. Good smallmouth fishing for both numbers and size. Walleyes are a little tricky with the steep drop offs but a good average size including some real large fish. Not many pike but the average size is good, same with crappies.

The landing can be a bit tricky as it’s very shallow and has been known to take out some props. Although it still receives moderate pressure.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Yes, tricky landing. But for what it’s worth, I can get my warrior 2090 in and out without damage…

tswoboda

Fished it a lot as a kid and I remember nice crappies, a lot of big smallmouth, and a few big pike. I remember my dad paying a resort like $5 to use their access so the public access thing makes sense. No idea what the resort was called or if it still exists – that was 20+ years ago

blank

I’m assuming the resort was where the townhouses are now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.