Cleaning fish finders

• Chris
    Finger Lakes, NY

Hey everyone. Just wanted to get everyone’s two cents. What product in your opinion does the best job keeping fish finders clean and shiny, without damaging the finish to the screen. I hear a lot of people sing praise of Windex ammonia-free vinegar spray. Thoughts?

Hope everyone enjoys their Independence Day. And let us not forget, freedom doesn’t come free.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It depends on what kind of screen you have. Do not use something that is intended for glass. I assume you have an LCD screen so make sure you are using something that specifically says is for that type of screen. I use a spray and a soft sham towel on all my marine electronics, cell phone, tablet, laptops, and TVs.

Gregg Gunter

I use the lens cleaner from Pearle Vision with a couple of drops of vinegar. That and a microfiber lens cloth.👍🏻

Chris
    Finger Lakes, NY

Thanks guys! They are humminbird Helix units

Reef W

I just use the disposable individually wrapped eye glass wipes that are pre-moistened and you can buy in big bulk packs. I have those things everywhere anyways for sunglasses and trust a fresh wipe each time more than a cloth that could have sand or something on it.

Brad Dimond

I just use the disposable individually wrapped eye glass wipes that are pre-moistened and you can buy in big bulk packs. I have those things everywhere anyways for sunglasses and trust a fresh wipe each time more than a cloth that could have sand or something on it.

Same for all electronics with screens – phone, GPS, TV, computer monitor, etc.

stevenoak

Zeiss lens cleaner sheet I use on sunglasses. If is an oily smear. A little dish soap and water with bare fingers. Clear water rinse.

Michael Best

I have used lake water and a rag. Bottled water and a rag. If no rag is available I have used my T shirt as well as a sweat shirt.
    The windex with vinegar does a great job of getting the water spots off with very little elbow grease needed.
    All is f my units are humminbird helix units as well.

Deuces

U guys get fancy. I chuck a nice loogie on the screen and wipe with finger, if I really want to clear it up I’ll bust out the catfish slimed towel.

Is that group of crappie on SI or just a clump of shiner scales, makes the whole experience more fun.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.