tungsten jigs….

• bassrat13
    north central iowa

there was a rumor floating around this summer that CJS would be introducing tungsten diamond jigs, gill pills, etc…has anyone heard any truth to this rumor…i know that i personally WOULD LOVE to see this happen!!!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Forgive me if I am wrong but wouldn’t that just raise the cost? -Mark

fishbizbob

Bass,
    We are looking into Tungsten to see if it’s cost effective, etc to make. We will certainly make an announcement on IDO as soon it’s decided.Too busy right now with the Ice shows and filling orders for this season, that it won’t be yet this season. We will be field-testing various shapes, sizes, etc.
    Stay tuned and thanks for the interest.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

If the CJ&S guys are listening….

I would buy “W” CJ&S jigs instead of “Pb” jigs if they were introduced.

JP

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

One thing to keep in mind – if I’m not mistaken tungsten is not near as available as lead and thus as more and more lure makers switch to it and the demand goes up so to will the cost. I see a lot of people who say they want Tungsten – I just hope these same people are willing to pay the higher cost once they get it. I have a friend in the lure business. he was all for switching all of his jigs to Tungsten. Once he found out the cost and ran a test market on them no one was willing to pay the price for them.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

If the CJ&S guys are listening….

I would buy “W” CJ&S jigs instead of “Pb” jigs if they were introduced.

JP

For those not in the know “W” is the cemical Symbol for tungsten and “PB” is for Lead

bassrat13
    north central iowa

i know you must hear this a thousand times a day, but Bob; if you’re looking for someone to help with the field testing that’s on the ice 100+ times a year- I’m your man, just tell me what i owe you for the samples!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.