Gold Plated 1/4 oz blades ARE IN STOCK!!

• fishbizbob

Just a note to let you know the 1/4th Gold Blades are in stock and available for order as of right now.
    Sorry for the delay.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Save some for me Bob! I’m hoping for a Lake of the Woods and Mille Lacs repeat performance from that little 1/4oz. gold blade come December! Looking for this one’s bigger brother that we had hooked up and lost from a 2011 episode of In-Depth Outdoors Television.

We might even show some tips to doctor up those baits this year. More on that later!

Joel

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Gold is one of the top 3 must have colors for river walleye pitchin’.

Not that I know anything about walleyes or pitchin’ for that matter.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

I’ve seen you catch a few eye’s and saugs pitchin blades

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Quote:

I’ve seen you catch a few eye’s and saugs pitchin blades

……REALLY>?!!! Wow finally a WITNESS after all these years. …rrr r

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

So much for our commitment to secrecy Jesse.

riverbottoms

Joel,
    Using Bladebaits vertical, do you or James use an inline swivel 18-24″ up for line twist? Just curious.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Bottoms – It hasn’t been an issue for us, but I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt. There are times where I work the blades for the underwater camera and see a bit of twist working its way out. At the same time, I think some people put added twist by constantly ripping them hard. I tend only to rip to call in fish. Anytime I’m working them or have a fish remotely near, I don’t rip and spin them as much. I tend to “rock” the baits back and forth, or “flick” them to entice strikes.

The only other thing that concerns me about a swivel is too close and a fish might shy from it or see it. Too far away and it could catch on the ice right at the moment of truth when that fish nears the hole. Keep in mind, this comes from a highly paranoid person who had a fish on, just before that 27″er in the picture, that was a monster. Right to the hole, directly below me, under clear see-thru ice, that inexplicably pulled loose……hanging there in time and space, until righting himself and swimming away. James said immediately afterwards, “That would’ve been the biggest walleye we’ve had on ice in 4 or 5 years.”

So it still hurts a little…..

Joel

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Hmmm never gave it a thought they were used for ice fishing.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

BfishN tackle donated a few of these gold blade baits along with a lot of other tackle for us to give away at the Pool 2 contest on OCt 6th. Even have a few packs of the new color Moxies.

Thanks BfishN. Pool 2 Walleye contest.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

BfishN tackle donated a few of these gold blade baits along with a lot of other tackle for us to give away at the Pool 2 contest on OCt 6th. Even have a few packs of the new color Moxies.

Thanks BfishN. Pool 2 Walleye contest.

Very cool, sounds like a great event!

Joel

riverbottoms

Quote:

Bottoms – It hasn’t been an issue for us, but I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt. There are times where I work the blades for the underwater camera and see a bit of twist working its way out. At the same time, I think some people put added twist by constantly ripping them hard. I tend only to rip to call in fish. Anytime I’m working them or have a fish remotely near, I don’t rip and spin them as much. I tend to “rock” the baits back and forth, or “flick” them to entice strikes.

The only other thing that concerns me about a swivel is too close and a fish might shy from it or see it. Too far away and it could catch on the ice right at the moment of truth when that fish nears the hole. Keep in mind, this comes from a highly paranoid person who had a fish on, just before that 27″er in the picture, that was a monster. Right to the hole, directly below me, under clear see-thru ice, that inexplicably pulled loose……hanging there in time and space, until righting himself and swimming away. James said immediately afterwards, “That would’ve been the biggest walleye we’ve had on ice in 4 or 5 years.”

So it still hurts a little…..

Joel

Joel,
    Thanks for your insight on whether or not to use an in line swivel. I guess I never thought about the reasons you gave me for not to using an swivel, but I’ll surely give it a try.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Joel,
    Using Bladebaits vertical, do you or James use an inline swivel 18-24″ up for line twist? Just curious.

My use of these blade baits have been strictly on Lake Winnipeg, but seeing the success locally I will be carrying some in my walleye ice tackle bag.

On Winnipeg I use a swivel to eliminate line twists on the blade bait, I also use that swivel to give me a idea of where that fish is as it gets closer to the hole. I will put the swivel up about 4′-5′ above the lure therefore giving me a clear idea that when I see the swivel I need to be careful to get the head turned of the walleye as its getting closer to the hole. So it acts as a great indicator of how much line you have left to start getting prepared to turn the head of the fish as well as eliminating line twists. LW is a area where you are calling in fish so a lot more aggressive rips vs. the vertical rocking like Joel mentioned.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Some of my best eyes have come on Bfish Blade Baits..

Love the gold plate !!! Throw in the rainy river and im in Heaven !!!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Here’s a 28 that just thumped a 1/4oz blade! As Joel stated for vertical use, just a snap. The only time I like a barrel on the line is pitching in open water. More often the blade catches debris and will spin. Under the ice, the little amount of twist will most likely take care of itself as it comes to a rest during a suspended pause.

BTW – blood is not from the fish. My trustful netman took a finger full of hooks as he lifted the fish out of the net.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.