Christmas Lake

• rausch627
    Saint Louis Park, MN

Does anyone ever ice fish this lake for Rainbow Trout? Curious as I am looking to catch my first trout through the ice and it is close to where I live.

I also saw that there were access issues and zebra mussel issues, is this still on going? Am I even able to access this lake and fish it? Is it even safe to fish currently?

Thanks for all the advice?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I think they require you to take a 150 degree shower to fish there and you can only fish between 10AM to 3PM.

I apologize ahead of time if my info is slightly inaccurate. devil

I’ve never fished the lake myself but I’ve never heard any reports either.

I grew up fishing Cenaiko lake at the Coon Rapids Dam. A great place to catch your first trout in my opinion.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

could always head down to courthouse lake. mostly probably pounded after this weekend but still got to be some swimming in there

piscatorialmaize

Have fished it open water, but not ice. There is a nice access point with good parking. They gave up on zebra treatment in 2015. We’ve run into an unofficial ‘inspector’ in the summer, but haven’t done winter. You will have to walk out about 600 yards over extensive shallow weed bed area to get to trout depths. It is an extensively spring fed lake, so you would have to spud bar to move around safely no matter what. Trout are there and they can be caught if patient and hit right window of bite.

catmando
    wis

Trout can be quite shallow in the winter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.