any chetek reports?

• aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

hey guys, where makin our yearly trip up to chetek on june 3rd! just wonderin if any of you from around there have reports on panfish or bass? any info would be great! thanks
    -Aaron

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Aaron any idea what resort you are staying at up here? I am a Chetek local and can lead you in the right direction. Let me know and I and either mark a map for you or show you guys around.

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

we will be up at pine park. you’ve talked to my dad before. rick robinson, cause ive seen your number in his phone if im not mistakin. i would love to get into some nice bass this year!
    Thanks,
    Aaron

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Aaron you guys can just call me when your up – I can get away Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning and show you guys some spots. I usually put in at the little landing down the road from Pine Park at Klay’s Happy Days resort.

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

sounds like a plan! we get up there around 4:30-5:00pm we’ll call when we get there and talk it out thanks again!
    -Aaron

vman59
    Barron,wi

Aaron ; check out the Chetek thread plenty of the latest reports there. Can’t get any more local than Hurricane he lives right on the chain on Prairie lake.I live in Barron which is only a couple miles away.Between the two of us and some other on the thread who live on the chain you shouldbe able to pick up on whats going on and where.

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

Aaron, I will be up to chetek on June 4th – 10th, I will be staying at north woods campground,(or something like that)
    I will be in a 1850 fishhawk. Green\tan with Muskie edition on the side. Stop if you see us. You should go to volga lake this week and see if you can catch some cats. A buddy caught 23 this weekend the largest was 13 pounds. He had one that brought to shore before it peeled off 170 yds of 10 lb test and snapped it.

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

thanks for all the info and help! we do pretty good up there. but one week isnt long enough, i could stay up there the rest of my life!
    -Aaron

jhalfen

Hey guys….just wanted to let you know that the Boss has set up a dedicated Chetek forum for threads related to fishing the chain. Have fun!

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

are there any size to the bass? i dont think we’ve been up there when there on beds. are you guys sight fishing or just in the shallows.
    -Aaron

putor2001
    Cameron Wi. North end of Prarie lk.

Latest report is there are 60 new fish cribs installed on the chain this weekend… 48 on Lake Chetek…. 12 on Ojaski. If anybody that ain’t already in the know, wants to know where……. Ask.

GTR

When I talked to some of the locals up there last week they said they were trying to bring back the walleyes in the chain if this is true why are they putting in the cribs for the crappies. Time and time again lakes either become good for one or the other not both at the same time. Not that it matters to me but I was just woundering what the rational behind the cribs are. By the way thankyou to every one that helped give reports for my trip last week. It was good fishing for crappies but the walleyes are very slow at best. The majority of the crappies were small with very few slabs 3 over 10″ and no tags. The kids had fun and the weather was very nice. 4 to 9′ of water early in the day seem to be the best for us.

kingfishbob
    Chetek, wi

gtr the cribs are there for the protection of the smaller fish, no matter the species. you will find all species young using the cribs. Agree eyes have been slow but yesterday one of my guests was picking up eyes in chetek. one over 20 in. Bass also caught at 5#7oz and released.

putor2001
    Cameron Wi. North end of Prarie lk.

As King said…. The cribs that were put in are for all species of fish….. Keep in mind there are thousands of young Walleye put in the Chain every year.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.