help please!!!

• bjc720

am going to have family up this weekend and they are wanting to do sum duck and goose hunting. does anyone hunt the chetek chain especially prairie lake? i notice a lot of uninhabited small islands on the lake and are always covered with geese and ducks can i hunt these islands if they are not owned (if not posted no trespassing) any other special regs. i need to know about this lake? i know its 100 yard or 300 feet from any house or dwelling. i pretty much just want to park a boat and hunt the shore line of the islands.is this legal?

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

I would call the DNR. Make sure to get names of who you talk to.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Double check to see if the area you want to hunt is within any city limits. If it is, then hunting there with a gun would be a no.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

Double check to see if the area you want to hunt is within any city limits. If it is, then hunting there with a gun would be a no.

Sounds like a pretty good reason for all the ducks and geese!!! Hoping that it is outside the city limits for ya… One of our best spots in my hometown in the local swimming beach this time of year. Last time my bros were there they shot their limit of eight that morning!!!

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.