St.Croix rod?!?!

• walleyejgr

Wonder why St.Croix don’t get back on the wagon and build cat rods again.I know the Premier PGM80HM glass rod is the same blank as the old cat rods they use to have in the 90’s so I read.But think they could do well with a line again offering solid eye’s and metal reel seats,and a line with trigger reel seats,as well as spinning rods to.Maybe I just live in a make beleive world.I know when they had them in the 90’s i worked for a tackle shop and we could not keep them in stock.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

People fish for Catfish ???? ( Other than that BK guy) I thought they were like Walleyes – just garbage fish you caught by accident while fishing for real fish

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I spoke with St Croix last year about this.

They said that the musky rod they make now is the exact same rod as their catfish rod was…minus the catfish logo.

Seems like it wouldn’t cost that much to put the catfish logo back on some of them.

Personally, I would like to see titanium guides on the ones I use.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I thought they were like Walleyes – just garbage fish you caught by accident while fishing for real fish

All the cat guys have learned to put up with the good and the bad.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Lot’s of great Cat Rods out there. We don’t need no stinkin musky rods.

TWC
    Cat Safari
    AWW Custom
    Wizzard Styx
    Tigers
    AMS NiteSticks

Just to name a few

greg_r
    Woodbury MN

Sorry BK. Guess if they do not have a rod decal of them Catfish things, they ain’t worth fishin 4…

Link<<

walleyejgr

well since we got to use the St.Croix musky rod for cat fish we need to start cross breeding cats and musky we’ll end up with a CATSKY one bad [censored] fish with wiskers and teeth!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

There’s no market for em. Nobody in their right mind fishes for them

hanson

I’ve got a small collection now of St Croix Classic Cats and they are my favorite rods, just a bit gunshy to use them when I know what they are worth to people (including me. )

I’ve suggested this to others on forums before but what about a big pre-order. We bring St Croix an order on a hundred rods or so and what are they going to do? Problem is nobody commits or I should say nobody commits the money.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.