Abu Garcia Alphamar

• walleyejgr

Got the fever,getting set to start after some early wiskers.Been looking at a new reel found these Alphamars,look pretty beefy,got high poundage drag system,good line capasity just wonder if any one has had a chance to actually play around with one,or what your opinions may be on them.thanks

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I looked up that reel and it seems a little over kill and didnt read if it had a clicker , which in my mind is a MUST for cattin.

I would think this reel would be more suitable for the job cattin reel

JMHO Jeff

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Looks like a really decked out 6500. If you are really jonesing for a big Abu, I saw that JR’s Tackle in Brooklyn Park had a 7000i last time I was there for a reasonable price.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I just took a quick glance as the FW is telling me it’s bed time.

What I liked was the 10 lbs more drag than the 7000’s…but I’m a line out alarm kinda guy. I like watching the bite happen, but there are those times when that alarm just wakes a person up.

Heck now that I think about it, I can’t remember a time where I said “damn! Wish I had a heavier drag”.

Looks solid!

walleyejgr

Quote:

I just took a quick glance as the FW is telling me it’s bed time.

What I liked was the 10 lbs more drag than the 7000’s…but I’m a line out alarm kinda guy. I like watching the bite happen, but there are those times when that alarm just wakes a person up.

Heck now that I think about it, I can’t remember a time where I said “damn! Wish I had a heavier drag”.

Looks solid!

they do have a line out clicker.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

By looking at the photo I see the line out alarm is in the same location as the 7000c3i.

Are you going to try one out?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Looks like it would be a pretty nice reel.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Quote:

Looks like it would be a pretty nice reel.

+1

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

walleyejgr what kinda of break problems are they having with these anyone know?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Well that’s not good.

I guess reels are like computer software (and many other things). Wait until they’ve been out a while for other people to work out the bugs…then buy.

I recall I love MS Excel v 2.5. When the next version came out it was changed a lot and I had a hard time finding tools ect and a harder time completing uncomplicated tasks.

There were two Garcia 7000iC3’s at last Saturdays swap meet at the Bluffs. One was mounted on a St Croix Premier and the other on a Guide Series rod. The whole works went for $200. including the braided line on both reels.

I should have snatched them.

walleyejgr

Quote:

Well that’s not good.

I guess reels are like computer software (and many other things). Wait until they’ve been out a while for other people to work out the bugs…then buy.

I recall I love MS Excel v 2.5. When the next version came out it was changed a lot and I had a hard time finding tools ect and a harder time completing uncomplicated tasks.

There were two Garcia 7000iC3’s at last Saturdays swap meet at the Bluffs. One was mounted on a St Croix Premier and the other on a Guide Series rod. The whole works went for $200. including the braided line on both reels.

I should have snatched them.

Doooooo!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

2 Words. Windows ME

mudcatkid
    On water

Quote:

There were two Garcia 7000iC3’s at last Saturdays swap meet at the Bluffs…

Tell Mrs. Robinson “Thank you” again. I think I will likely leave the dried fish slime on the reels for good luck. I never clean ’em anyways.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.