Anyone Watch “Cold Water Bootcamp”?

• dirk_w.
    Minnesota

This show was on KSTC this a.m. It was a 1/2 hr. show demonstrating-with very strong swimmers-what is going to happen to you if you fall in cold water without a lifejacket. Lots of interesting statistics on how/why people die when they fall into cold water. They defined cold water as under 68 degrees. I still get lazy every once in awhile and dont put mine on, even knowing wht cold water is going to do to a person. Very interesting to see it in real life though. The obvious moral of the story – wear your life jacket. Especially since a lot of cat guys fish at night in secluded areas. Watch this show if you ever get a chance.

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

I made my 11 year old watch it since he comes down to P4 with me quite often and doesn’t think he should have to wear a life jacket. That was a good show to help every body understand that it doesn’t matter how big and bad you are you will struggle in them conditions.

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

Yeah–I just happen to scan channels and watched this too–was good–guy should really get one of those self inflating devices-so can wear without the bulky or heat when summer comes!!

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

My wife bought me a self inflate for Christmas several years ago. One of the good things about it is, it does not count as a life preserver unless you are wearing it. Since it is so comfortable and almost like it is not there, I’m never without it. I’ve got to find that show. I hope they repeat it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.