Could be the next fishing trip?

• audemp
    Wi

THE GOONCH

UUUUHHH I want to go play??? Who’s with me???!!!!

ps. That name makes me think of the bully in “different strokes”

larry_haugh
    MN

I hope you have seen one of the more recent episodes of River Monsters… They have a feature on the Goonch…. Its a pretty cool episode.
    When I first saw the fish…. (no teeth yet).. I thought Flatheads on steroids….

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

I talked to a guy from South Africa online once. I’d like to go there if I had the miracle trip to where ever. You see a lot of stuff on South America but Africa? The guy had a big wad of feathers so he could catch little ones on a flyrod. The fish looked somewhat like this but these pics are crappy. web page

He said they came up to sun themselves and you marked the place then went back and caught them with like 8# baits.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just the thought of getting in that water scares the crap out of me. I think I’ll stay in a boat.

rushing
    Mn

Quote:

I talked to a guy from South Africa online once. I’d like to go there if I had the miracle trip to where ever. You see a lot of stuff on South America but Africa? The guy had a big wad of feathers so he could catch little ones on a flyrod. The fish looked somewhat like this but these pics are crappy. web page

He said they came up to sun themselves and you marked the place then went back and caught them with like 8# baits.

I don’t remember the name of the series but it was filmed for the BBC for the British Discovery channel I think. Big Fish Safari or something but they fished for several species of giant African catfish as well as Nile perch and other monster fish. Was really Cool. Drifting by lions, hippos, elephants and giant crocks while drifting huge pieces of cutbait for large cats.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.