cedar river

• catman87
    Cannon Falls, MN

Headed down to cedar rapids next week for some work, wondering if the cat fishing isdecent on the cedar river? Looking to do some shore fishing. Around the area, let me know what you guys think?

skunkboy
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Or you could jump in my boat and I’ll show you around. Might take you to Coralville and teach you how to troll for cats.

Some pretty good fishing around here. I always use my boat but I think you can get to some good spots from shore. I would suggest the river side of the Harbor area. You can see where the bank cuts back and the eddy’s are…it’s pretty easy to get to (as a matter of fact, you could fish from your car) and it’s deep there so you might hook into a big cat there.

L8R…Ken

catman87
    Cannon Falls, MN

Just found out it’s actually cedar falls, I’m only gonna be able to fish Thursday night, you know anything bout that area? If your gonna fish Tutsi night I might be willing to drive down abd learn how to troll some cats!

skunkboy
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I think there’s more walleys and smallies than cat fish up there. But there are some cats around. I’m not familiar enough with that area to help you out. Actually, it’s supposed to rain everyday next week.

L8R..Ken

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

If you can make it down to fish with Ken, do it Mitch. We’ve messaged each other briefly over the months and we just gave eachother our cell numbers and Ken called me shortly after. Ken does know what hes doing drifting for catfish, I think you’d have alot of fun fishing with him.

I asked Ken the other day if he’d take me drifting for catfish and he said he would, now if I can find the time, maybe in another 2 weeks. If you can make it down it would be worth it, Ken knows his stuff…

Ken I think is willing to teach just about anyone how to drift for catfish, I don’t want to speak for ken but If anyone is interisted in fishing here, Ken would probably help with atleast advice, hes a good to go to guy.

WE were discussing why certain fish populations were in decline and the consensis was there was a possibilty That because theres so many catfish here that they are feeding on the fry and the fingerlings of those fish. The biggest population of the most is catfish. Id be willing to take one or two guys fishing myself here after I get caught up in my work, maybe in another month, I fish dittypoles and trotlines and ken drifts for catfish with poles, no guiding just going along fishing.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Hmmmm, its takes a little practice and a little doing to find out how things work on the new site,,,but I tried a a first route and couldn’t proceed. Don’t know if its still the site in its infancy or me not being able too navigate what the instructions mean. Anyway, I’ll find out whats what in the next few and go from there, any advice on a simple entry?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Hey Randy, you got any ideas for simple fingers and or a simple min_? You wouldn’t believe the catfish water in the creeks down this way,,,The bad thing is as of yesterday I couldn’t put my boat in to get too them. Absolute killer water levels for channels in the creeks and no way to get to them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.