If a guy was going to target an eel?

• outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Aaron, I know where you are coming from, I was just having fun with it. Just for the record.

O I knew that Pugface!

Sorry Coley no spots in MN gonna have to take a road trip to Illi. You know who to contact about species chasing. And remember the internet does lie.

dr._flathead

The last thing I’m going to do is post a fishing spot on the internet! The guy that fishes that particular spot claims they are invasive species and throws them up on the bank! Maybe when the weather warms back up I’ll take you there Coley….(It’s a shore spot)

the_real_doc

Just to be clear, Eel are a native species. All American Eels are born in the ocean and migrate all the way here up via the Mississippi from the Gulf of Mexico. And these are only female eels we catch here in MN. The males remain pretty much costal, not traveling very far into the interior. Pretty cool how they get around the locks and dams. They are rumored to cross parking lots and such on rainy nights. They are pretty rare for the most part in MN, so dont toss them on the bank please. Dont beat them out of disgust either. Just cause their not a friggen sturgeon doesn’t mean they all need to be clubbed on sight. I only say this because I’ve heard of it going on out there on the Croix. I’ve been lucky enough to catch 12 eels in the last two years. And the only one on here that knows about my eeling territory is that crazy dude Aaron. But I might introduce Coley Crawler to my eel lair next year if shes extra nice to me….

vern
    Richfield, MN

That’s some good info Doc.

coleycrawler
    Minneapolis

Oh I already know the spot, do not worry, I would NEVER EVER reveal the exact location of 43.675875,-92.974671

BUT JUST IN CASE THAT DOESNT SPAM OUT, I am going to be really nice to all of you hi hi to you too!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

OMG! Isn’t anything sacred!!

jstiras

Quote:

Oh I already know the spot, do not worry, I would NEVER EVER reveal the exact location of 43.675875,-92.974671

BUT JUST IN CASE THAT DOESNT SPAM OUT…

Now that is funny right there.

We saw a few eels while sampling on Pool 2 this year and remember a few from the St Croix in a trap net in 2006. They are rare and definitely not worthy of being tossed on the bank.

Joel

coleycrawler
    Minneapolis

Totally awesome BK, you trying to scare me? Can’t scare the crawler

coleycrawler
    Minneapolis

I assume that fortune every time I eat ethnic suprise… you think thats where all the eels go?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.