Surefire way to knock your crankbait out of tune.

• wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

This isn’t the biggest flathead I’ve ever caught while Walleye fishing, but it’s the biggest one I’ve ever caught casting crankbaits on wing dams. Just thought BK and the rest of the slime hunters might like to see it.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Nice kitty Marshall. How was the wingdam bite for eyes?

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Not bad. Had 3 eaters, a 21, lost another 18-19 right at the boat and all the 7-9″ gills anybody could ever want.

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

Nice flathead! probably 12-15 lbs

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You look GREAT holding a flathead! I’m thinking you should fish for them more often.

Where are you fishing W?

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Pool 7. My digital scale zeroed out on this one, only goes up to 20lbs. I weighed a 21″ eye today and got back 3lb, 6oz (which seems right to me).

Maybe if you cat guys start going by length like us Walleye guys do, a bump board pic will solve the size estimate issue.

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

i dont weigh mine. just length and girth. but have weighed them with a digital bathroom scale while holding onto them.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Maybe if you cat guys start going by length like us Walleye guys do, a bump board pic will solve the size estimate issue.

The that fish would have a 51″ inch length to it.

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

Quote:

The that fish would have a 51″ inch length to it.

And a 25 inch girth.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

If you’d like, I can cut the next one in half and post the weights of each half just to be sure.

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

If you’d like, I can cut the next one in half and post the weights of each half just to be sure.

Length wise or around the belly?They wiegh different depending on the cut made!
    Just poking at ya! Nice cat no matter what it wieghed.They do un-tune a crank in a hurry.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I guess a guy gets what he deserves for posting in the cat forum.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I’ll take one half
    Nice fish Marshall

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.