So I went sheephead fishing on P4…

• armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

…and ended up keeping several nice channel cats we caught… weights were 3#, 5#, 7#, 8.5#, 11#, 12# and 14.4#.

I dont keep anything over 10# at this point… so we had a few nice ones in the cooler.

The sheephead are insane down there right now too, with mad numbers (30? 40? 50 fish n the boat?) and some decent sizes. Fun to catch, anyway… at least the bigger ones.

Our hot baitfish the night were crawlers, of all things. One fish in on cut and nothing on Secret 7. Apparently BK has trained all of the P4 channel cats to only bite on the stinkbait he tells them to (AquaMan powers?) and we didn’t have any Sudden Impact in the boat.

Anyway, I was a long drive and a longer drive back, but it was aworthwhil and fun trip. Thanks Manny and Mike for the companionship out on Ole Miss.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey ACD, I forgot to tell you to check in at Everts. I’m not sure if it ever happened or not but Steve was talking about a weekday discount.

Yeah, there’s a reason I haven’t talked much about Secret 7 for the last few weeks. Now RRR will tell you it’s the bomb when he used it 6 or so weeks ago.

Sudden Impact with it’s fiber stays on the hook so much better in the 85+ degree water. It’s the snizzle.

Sounds like you three had a pretty good time…so who won the largest sheepie contest?

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

So do you have to buy a 1/2 gallon bucket, or can it be bought in smaller containers?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

If I recall, Everts and 4 Seasons has the smaller containers for $6.99.

Should have ordered a gallon bucket from Team Catfish yesterday when they had free shipping.

Don’t really need to worry about it going bad you know.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Lol at the thought of a tub of stink bait sitting next to my leeches and crawlers, in the refridge.

The FW would have my ……. :

My D-I-V-O-R-C-E becomes fianal today

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

in the refridge

Put it under your bed. She’ll never know it’s there. Just make sure the outside edges of the pail are clean.

Speaking from experience.

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Quote:

If I recall, Everts and 4 Seasons has the smaller containers for $6.99.

Should have ordered a gallon bucket from Team Catfish yesterday when they had free shipping.

Don’t really need to worry about it going bad you know.

I picked mine up from Everts last time at 6.99

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

$6.99 is well worth it for a bait that has been proven. Think how much you’d spend on crawlers and cutbait? You can fish all day with a tub of stink bait.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

I’m pretty sure he’ll remember me next time since I gave him about a half-pound of my now-almost-famous smoked lake trout. He was giddy about it.

Yeah, the sudden impact is something I’ll have to try next time… I’m sure P4 will see my smiling face at least once more this year.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.