another July flood.

• primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

Here at the Quad cities the Mississippi WAS finally getting down to a decent level for the first time this summer, then the rolling hills of Dubuque area gets 14.5 inches of rain and we are raiseing about 2 feet per day and are at or above flood stage, again. I know the Missouri has been much worse but crap. Our fishing club fish fry this year may have to buy chicken. Enough already!!

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

Enough already!!

ya and now where going into typicaly the lowest flow of the summer time period and shes about to crest, Im always lookin ahead and the way itlookin this winter and next spring may be worse than the last!! Its gonna take a hellofa dry spell to get her back to”normal” !!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Last year P-4 was flooded thru the 2nd week of Oct…

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

Pool 14, Dam 13, All boat ramps are closed since 7/27/11

[censored] took delivery of my boat March 24th in the water June 13th out of the water for the second time of course my outboard 2011 Evinrude Etec 50hp is crap – lower unit I think, didn’t hit anything…

jlinboom

And its not just this year either, is it just me or is this our fourth year in a row of higher than normal summer levels?

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Don’t expect much help from up here either. We just got another 2 to 4 inches depending on where you live over the past couple of days. The St. Croix is backed up because ole man river is high. Until he goes down the Croix won’t go down.

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

I just got back from the IL river. Pretty bad I had to go 70 miles on way to get to fishable water. Since I live 3 miles from the Mississippi. I’m so tired of fishing high water, I just want something close to normal pool . Is that to much to ask. We did catch some saugers on the IL , so it wasn’t a wasted trip.

jlinboom

Jig fan, were you in the Starved Rock area? How is the Illinois River looking?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I haven’t looked at the forecast, but with all the rain here in St Croix Beach and from the posts up stream….There goes the river again!

shawnil

heard about those Dubuque rains, guess I wont be on pool 16 anytime too soon…if I make it this season.

shawn

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.