POOL 4 DAY AFTER THE 4TH

• cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

After hanging around the house all weekend and having taken the 5th off I just had to get down to the river. So, I called my brother up and invited him to go after some flattys. Well it was pretty warm out during the day but as evening set in it turned gorgeous. We fished all kinds of depths and flow conditions but settled on a slower flowing cut bank with some wood in 5 fow using the 6″ bullies we brought with us. My brother started the night time off right with a nice flat.

I’ve been learning flat heads for 3 years now,reading posts, and just getting out as much as I can, but never have I gotten into anything over 20lbs. Well, tonight all the effort finally paid off! The next fish boated would be my personal best. Too bad the battery was dead on my scale so I can’t report a weight, but what a hoot! Thanks to all the cat guys that have shared their knowledge,I couldn’t have done it without you!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

That’s a horse dude

larry_haugh
    MN

Nice… did you get any measurements?

deertracker

White poles, BK would be proud.
    DT

catman87
    Cannon Falls, MN

What a beast! Congrats man!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s not a flathead that’s a hippopotamus!!

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Whoa. That’s a monster. Nice fish.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Awesome fish!

FYI
    Length and Girth would get you within a few pounds. Those darn scales or batteries always seem to not work at most important times.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The head doesn’t even fit the body! The head looks huge. Must weigh 20#s without the body! Congrats!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Holy cats! That 2nd pic makes that thing look enormous! Nice job!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Nice work, I bet that put a bend in your rod. Hard to go back to walleyes and bluegills after one of those.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.