Lets talk Rods

• fish4cats
    Illinois

I am in the mood to buy some new rods ,since i can’t find any ecat rods.I have found some catmaxx rods at bass pro does anyone have any input or has anyone owned one.

My next choice would have to be st. croix rod if anyone has a bettter rod in mind i am all ears.

mstrctmn
    Omaha, NE/ Fort Worth, TX

Go with the Quantum Big Cat rods. They are almost identical to the Ecats only they cost half the price (around $50). I have the heavy action one and they also make a medium heavy. Both are 7’6″ and work great for horsing in the big cats. My friend caught a 48″ flathead on the medium heavy version this past summer.

MATT

vern
    Richfield, MN

I like a 7 1/2 foot heavy action St. Croix teamed with an Ambassador 6500. Hard to beat that combo. Vern

Cyclone
    Minnesota, New Brighton

For flatheads I have two st. croix classic cats. I will not trade them for another type of rod especially for flats. I team them up with 7000. I just think that is a good combo and it has enough backbone to bring the bigboys in. Now looking at channels I use bascially my muskie rods. I have a 7 foot St. croix med-heav with a 6500 that I use quite abit and then I have a Falcon 6 1/2 extra heav that I use up at the red river or a couple other spots that there is big channel potential. Those are the ones that I use the most for fishing cats. I hope that I have helped you out a little. Cyclone

bigtime
    North Carolina

If you can afford it I wouldnt bother buying anything else but the st croix classic cat series. They are tuff yet lite weight and sensitive.

PS

has anyone heard from catdadmn. I thought that was him in the picture from the previous post, but it then I thought that no fish could possibly be that ugly.

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

E-mail Catdadmn. He may have some e-cat rods that he would be willing to part with. At least he did about 4 months ago.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Catdadmn was up to the walleye expo working for Eddy’s Resort all weekend…. talking perch and walleye mostly. He did have a small “pet” flathead in a bottle he seemed to carry with him every place he went though…..

bigtime
    North Carolina

He should change his name to walleyedadmn or saugerdadmn, I swear he like those other fish better than cats. Thanks H20

fish4cats
    Illinois

Hey thanks alot everyone my mind is made up.Me and the insurance company have been having it out on are little thief we had and i am and have replaced all rods with ST CROIX CAT CLASSICS with 6500 c4 reels and ST CROIX light weight rods for my pan fishing rods with quantum engery7 reels thanks again everyone got it replaced just in time for ky lake crappie run .FISH4CATS

paxtonrasm
    Woodville, WI

I generally use my 71/2 ft Team Diawa musky rod with a 6500 c-3. Works pretty well for me. ———-Pax

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.