catfish tourney’s??

• mavzer
    Hager City, WI

When I lived further south… we used to have a bunch of cat tourney’s in the summer….. not real big but loads of fun…. does anybody know if there is any small tournaments around this area?? tavern’s used to host many of them.. ….. and where can a gut find a hushpuppy……

bigtime
    North Carolina

All of us catfishermen should get together early this spring and plan a little something out. I would just feel bad winning all of the tournaments. seriously though it would be a good time.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Mavzer

If you look to pursue this further, EFN would be happy to help you guys get it off the ground with some free publicity… and we can probably get some of our sponsors to kick in some goodies to attract some participants.

Everts Resort – Steve Vick might be one that would be willing to host a cat tournament… heck, nobody uses the landing there at night in the summer so he might like to see a few more nocturnal catfishing types around the place.

Let us all know what you think here in the forum.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Ya, I’d be interested in hosting a cat tourney next summer. I could donate my dead minnows from the minnow tank for bait!!LOL. I’m sure we could come up with something worthwhile. Keep me updated. Hey Mavzer….this is my first post on the “CATFISH” forum…….I feel like a well rounded fisherman now! LOL

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Boy what a thought Hushpuppy’s. How far south are you from

mavzer? I don’t think I ever saw a hushpuppy around these parts mostly fries. Now I’ll have to see if I have my mom’s recipe she’s from South Carolina and father is from Tennessee. Boy what do think someone would say if they ordered a fish fry and it came with hushpuppy’s instead of fries and an ice tea instead of pop? Maybe a contest out of Everets and fish fry with hushpuppys afterwards. Now if we could do that every couple weeks we could get a fishing and hushpuppy fix. Oh yea might as well have a leinies with them puppys.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Walleye Searchers Club, for an example, got its start by a couple guys getting together and picked a meeting night once a month. They had 6 tournaments per year and fished for a plaque. They had fun, learned from each other, and made alot of friends. They advertised the Club in the shopper, flyers, etc. to get the word out about the Club. With Jame’s offer and the FTR message board you have a great advertising source at your finger tips. Theres even a Tournament Forum on FTR in place besides a Catfish Forum. You guys have everything thanks to James and Steve. I’d say you guys should go for it! You’ll have alot of fun too!

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I am unlucky enough to be able to shoot the bull with steve (I mean lucky) from everett’s several times a week. so maybe between the two of us we can put our minds together for something like a cat tourney…. It would be a good time… no professionals allowed….(bigtime) (catdad) (dirk)… j/k////

My gramma is actually the one that was raised in the south… (south carolina)…… I was lucky enough to play football in st charles MO…… where I enjoyed catfish and hushpuppies…. but it was gramma/pa that hooked me on catfishing and okra!!! good idea JAMES.

swany
    Southeastern Minnesota.

You guys need hushpuppies with your fish? stop in and see me any time at Hy-Vee at Civic center Dr. in Rochester, I’d be more than tickled pink to whip up some of them. ( Paul Prudome) acually tought me some good ol down south recipes. With or without Jalpeno’s?

Cyclone
    Minnesota, New Brighton

I think that would be a great idea. We are going to be out on the water anyway during the summer. Might as well have some competition while we are doing it. mavzer let me know what you are thinking of?

Cyclone

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.