From the dock at Evert’s Resort

• audemp
    Wi

Here is what BrianK caught from the Dock at Evert’s Resort.

audemp
    Wi

Another Pic

audemp
    Wi

One more, “a little Dip bait anyone”?

david_scott
    Twin Cities

hmmm.. the 2nd picture is interesting..

smell your fingers lately brian?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Gee, was he by himself???

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Was he by himself?

No I have the camera crew from “deal or no deal” staying at the resort this week.

Not only by myself but using a camera phone in the brite sunlight!

Sorry for the quality…but if it was any better I would put it on the front page!

The first and second photo is of the same 6 pounder (no scale). The 3rd pic is of my third fish…my second channel was just a little walleye sized cat.

My forth fish, I didn’t get a picture of…but it was a 10 ish pound carp…lost it at the dock….but the carp wrapped the line around a Mitchell spinning reel…which I did land.

The fourth fish will be posted next…if audemp has time.

Thanks Marc!

audemp
    Wi

3D wiper!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It kinda looks like that white bass is playing the flute???

I used to catch some of those guys down at Hidden Falls. Now there’s a schooling fish. I never hit a huge school of them, but they are aggressive little buggers and I thought they fought suprisingly well. I am was also amazed at how thin they are! You get one on and they use their thin body like a rudder in ther current. It sure would be fun to find a school that has herded some shad up and are busting top water lures. Oh, this is the cat forum.

audemp
    Wi

I call em Crappies on Roids and Speed!!

They are a blast in the sping they are on the P2 side of Hastings Dam from shore. Just cast out anything like a spinner or grub or blade bait and they nail em good. For a little more fun go ultra lite gear, now thats fun!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Stink Bait!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I used an inline spinner to catch them. That’s the kind of fishing you do to get you kids hooked, so to speak.

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

Hey Brain, Is that a jar of Sonny’s Super Sticky Bait? Dont tell anyone but I have a gallon pail of that stuff myself.My boy luvs to catfish . Where did I go wrong. . I hate it when it gets in my boat carpet.But you gotta takem fishin no matter what. Plus it is made right down the road from me in Farminton Ia.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Dang work gets in the way of my posting!

That’s the stuff Spinner!

I wish I could remember who sent me a pail of it last year…it didn’t work for me at all…but today I realized I was using it way too early in the year.
    80 degree water, slow flow…with only TODAY under my belt, I’m impressed!

With my on..off fishing off the dock here today…I landed a 6ish, 2ish, 4ish and another 2ish pound channel. One 10sih pound carp up to the dock…and that white bass…oh, can’t forget the spinning reel I caught!

Gator the Hunter stopped by. He’s been walleye fishing too much and wiffed on two fish and a turtle bite. With a little practice he’ll be alright.

I’m going to run out to the dock an stink it up for about a half hour and then call it a day.

I still can’t believe I use Sonny’s…but that’s it! The line is drawn…I will not us chicken livers!

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Good ’cause I will need another reel by next year’s GTG!! YOu go ahead and use that stinky stuff, I’m fine with a little bit of blood. Atleast you can get blood off of your hands. You have to soak your hands in bleach and lighter fluid(a 50/50 mix) to get stink bait off. Plus if you have a grill along and you get hungry you can always cook the chicken livers!!! MMMmmm

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Good ’cause I will need another reel by next year’s GTG!! YOu go ahead and use that stinky stuff, I’m fine with a little bit of blood. Atleast you can get blood off of your hands. You have to soak your hands in bleach and lighter fluid(a 50/50 mix) to get stink bait off. Plus if you have a grill along and you get hungry you can always cook the chicken livers!!! MMMmmm

With onions? Where you going to be at or should I follow the smell? mmmmmm

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Hard to argue with sucess…even if you can wrap it in bacon and cook it and eat it.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Hard to argue with sucess…even if you can wrap it in bacon and cook it and eat it.

There is nothing you can’t wrap in bacon and eat. Mmmmmm

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.