Cattin Addicts Big Fish (story)

• icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hi Everyone
    Since I didn’t see a post from Cattin Addict about his big fish he almost caught while sturgeon fishing this last weekend, I thought I heard enough to fill everyone in.

I think this is how the story goes, Cattin Addict, Little Cattin Addict and I Gouge, er I mean Eye Guide were nestled among about 6 other boats illegally trying to catch sturgeon on an inland river in northern Minnesota (secret spot). Little did they know that Mr. Big Fish (80″ 150lb sturgeon) was swimming towards Cattin Addicts bait. Cattin Addict who wasn’t quite in his normal drunken stuper stage was in the middle of telling his fishing partners the story of how he out smarted the [censored] 4 lb northern while ice fishing this past year. About that time Mr Big Fish grabbed a hold of Cattin Addicts 1/2 pound of night crawlers he was using for bait. The rod doubled, nearly breaking in half but it went unnoticed by Cattin as he was trying to impress his fishing partners with that northern story. Eventually Mr Big Fish was able to suck every last piece of crawler from the hook, and although his belly was now as full as a catfish’s belly at the Dam at Lockport during the greenback run he did manage to see the 1/2 of nightcrawler that Cattin let little Cattin use. Mr. Big Fish picked up that half of nightcrawler on the end of Little Cattin’s rod- the rod twitched and with catfish like reflexes, Little Cattin drove the hook deep into the rubbery lips of Mr Big Fish. The fight was on- and on and on, Little Cattin did everything just right and after 25 minutes of one heck of a fight, Little Cattin laid Mr Big Fish right beside the boat. Cattin who had the net in hand, saw the opportunity and took it, with a quick blow to the kidney and a stomp on the end of toes he grabbed the rod from Little Cattin. While this was taking place, Mr Big Fish was able to get enough energy for one more run and the fight was now back on but this time with Cattin holding the rod. After a grueling almost two minutes, Cattin’s back was starting to cramp and he figured it was now or never and although Mr Big Fish was in open water, Cattin was able to steer him into the anchor rope of a nearby boat snapping the 8lb test Kmart special line he had purchased for Little Cattin. Off swam Mr Big Fish while Cattin stood not so silently .

Now I may not have the story exactly right as I was not fishing close by, I was legally fishing Sturgeon on a Northern Minnesota boarder water but Cattin or any of the eyewitnesses please correct me if I got any part of the story wrong.

PS If anyone sees Greenfin Hunter tell him Hi from me!

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Mr.icatchthesmallestofsnauggersbecausemylimpwriststillhurts
    This isn’t your normal haunt anymore.
    Did they close down the “Village people fan club site” you are usually viewing this time of night?
    I heard you were going “Real” fishing and leaving the famous snaugger hole to Landsgreencarp but I did not believe it.
    In all honesty.
    The Red River board is just not the same without you.
    See ya,

Bowfinhunter

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Dennis…

I was there and the only thing that you messed up on is that CA had a small sucker fight going on his rod and after the toe stomping and kidney punch, he handed CA Jr the sucker rod while CA fought the big guy…

Otherwise…that’s how I remember it…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

See CA? You really need to stop buying that line and the gross of hooks for $1.25 from Kmart.

I was trying to tell you to keep the rod tip up…but I think I was drowned out by the YMCA CD….

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Denise, I see your back in rare form I would say that is a nice fish but knowing your on your tip toes to reach 5’and weigh in a whopping 120 nahhh CA jr will recover from the kidney shot and knee to the , I always warned him how tired and sore you can be after fishing now he knows. what can i say, i learned it from you at Stu’s
    You best not be a stranger around here anymore or Bowfin and myself will show up at your door step and break up your snauggerfest

CA

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

OK I guess that was legal fishing water although I was kicked out of there by the MN Game Warden. BRAINK cleared that up the the Warden’s boss . I just wasn’t on my home turf and didn’t want to argue. I’ve learned to listin if they aren’t writing tickets .
    I will try to leave you cities catters alone and post a thing or two back in the Red River Forum.
    Greenfin and CA if you show up, I have a bottle of wine or something still chilling in the barn .

Here is a picture of my kids and a freind when we did get out last year- All were released after the picture.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.