Out last night…

• flatheadwi
    La Crosse, WI

As you all know, the water’s high – that’ll be excuse #342. I’ve fished about every other day for the last week and the only proof that I’ve been out is in the form of pictures of my son, who has had all the action:

He’s getting so used to the 5 pounders that he’s even starting to pose them for the camera. Anyway, I’ve had a few bigger ones on, lost in snags, and not much else. Last night my boat had 8,13, and 15 year old boys in it with marshmallow guns. If you were within two pools of pool 7, you probably heard us.

I may chart new waters tonight – BrianK has been proving that the bigguns are still out there. The weather could hardly be better if it tried.

Happy Hunting,

Matt

demoncleaner
    East Troy, WI

Did the kids let Tom catch any?

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I have been having dismal luck also, Matt. At least you are catching some, even if they are small. I can’t find a flat to save my life. I have been catching channels but no flats. I’m thinking of staking out either BrianK or MileHigh and following them to the Honey Hole. These big fish pictures are driving me nuts. The St Croix crested today at 681.9′ (675.5′ is normal). This weather has been beautiful which adds to my anxiety. I am bound and determined to catch a nice flat on my home waters. I spent the weekend reorganizing my boat and getting ready for several steady nights of fishing. I am going to hit it hard this next week.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Last night my boat had 8,13, and 15 year old boys in it with marshmallow guns.

Here I thought those were shooting stars to the south…

That is cool Matt! Taking young fishermen out is what makes a good fisherperson… GREAT!

Personally, I enjoy your pictures of kids fishing just as much as your 50+ fish from last year. Each in it’s own way of course!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.