Out last night (2)

• flatheadwi
    La Crosse, WI

Went out with the boy this time and we spent several hours getting our 7 good baitfish (not exactly slaying the bluegills just yet). Cedric wanted to go along and catch a big cat this time, so we went out and set up around sunset on a good “action” spot. He was adamant that he wanted to use the one tiny bluegill we caught, so I put that out for him on my channel cat rod and within a minute it was eaten by an aggressive young walleye (breakfast today). We caught a few more wormeaters (sheephead, mainly) then things settled down as it got dark until we had our first two hits (both misses). I was using a warmouth on one line and it got ravaged but the hook had somehow gotten turned around so there was no barb available to the cat. Got to feel it’s weight on the hookset and that was about it. I sent the ravaged warmouth back out though, and it ended up making Cedric’s wishes come true. He ended up catching a 22 pound flat on it (I set the hook and was nearby to make sure the rod didn’t find the water – he’s 8 years old, after all). He did a masterful job though.

Now I really must have a camera – the wife nearly brutalized me when she found out I didn’t get pictures of the boy with his huge fish. That’s the kind of thing you want captured for posterity. Just seeing him lifting it was a sight I’d love to be able to have shared…

Water was 64, river dropping very slowly, pressure low, wind north but dying out in time to make the mosquitos happy.

Happy Hunting,

Matt

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

No pictures of an 8 year old with a 22 lbser? Bad Dad!

Good time though I bet!

flatheadwi
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Get a camera already!!

I rock! I pulled apart my digital camera screw by screw, ribbon by ribbon, motherboard by… well you get the picture. OR more accurately – I’ll be getting the pictures from now on – my lens wouldn’t retract so I had to take literally everything off the camera to take the lens housing out and clean it. Amazingly enough, I got the whole thing put back together right on only the third try and now have a camera again! Woulda cost me $200.00 to have a techno-pirate do it.

Wish I had another camera to show you what a mess it looked like all torn apart, but then if I had another camera it would never have happened.

Now to get out again and use it….

Matt

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Don’t change your handle to Flathead Geek WI…though…

demoncleaner
    East Troy, WI

Maybe I should go fish Tim Scott’s digital from the bottom of the river and have you fix it…I’ve got a couple of pictures on there I still want!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.