catching blue cats on the ohio

• jeremy99
    IN

SOME OF YOU GUYS SHOULD THINK ABOUT MAKING A TRIP DOWN SOUTH. THE BLUE CATS ARE REALLY BITTING GOOD RIGHT NOW ON THE OHIO. THEY ARE REALLY EASY TO TARGET RIGHT TOO. THEY ARE IN THEIR DEEP WINTERING HOLES FOR THE WINTER. I KNOW YOU WOULD RATHER CATCH FLATHEADS, ME TOO. BUT I’D RATHER BE OUT CATCHING BLUES THEN NOTHING AT ALL. THE FLATHEADS WILL BITE THIS TIME OF THERE YEAR ALSO. A COUPLE HINTS TO CATCH FLATS IN THE WINTER IS DEEP HOLES, JIGGING, JIGGING, JIGGING. GOOD LUCK AND ALL TAKE CARE THIS WINTER.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Jeremy,
    If you start posting pictures…you’ll start getting hate mail!

I think I’ll be heading to Louisville in Feb or March…anything going on down there at that time?

I think I can speak for most of the catters, we would love to land some blues but they don’t make it up this far north.

jeremy99
    IN

I fish the Louisville area a lot. The fishing is better for me about 40 miles up river. Are you going to have any free time when you come to Louisville? If you do we should plan a trip. The blues will be bitting real well then too. As long as the water and weather is right. Let me know the dates and if you have time and we can set something up. I guess I will have to start posting some pictures so I can start getting all that hate mail.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You are on!

I can always work in a day for fishing. I’ll be renting a car and willing to drive 100 miles for a fish or two…

I’ll let you know the dates when they are confirmed….

Don’t let the hate mail get to ya…

jeremy99
    IN

sounds like a plan to me. You should still have my e-mail address and my phone number so just let me know when.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.