Lake Wabaskang

• Snagger
    Owatonna, MN

Will be going there July 9th-16th.
    Taking my 3 brother and all of our sons for there first Canada trip
    Any good presentations recommended for eyes ?
    Northerns?
    I hear there are some Jumbo perch on Ruby lake
    I have fished Lac Seul for the last 7 years, just want to fish smaller water and take less beating
    Thanks for any help,

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

It’s been about 5 years since I was there but it was about the same time of year and seemed to be a good weed bite then. Also check points of islands that drop into deep water. Are you staying at Sleepy dog cabins. If so Tom Williams the owner will give you some good info. Also, if his nephew Terry is still working for him, hire him for a half a day. He is an awsome guide. He took me over to Lac Suel for a day and we just had a blast. Beautiful lake and if the fishing is slow there its just a few miles to the boat ramp to Lac Suel. Good luck and have a good time. Brent

Snagger
    Owatonna, MN

Thanks for the info.
    We are staying at sleepy dogs
    I have fished lac seul — Mckensy bay
    awsome walleye fishing

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Been to Wabaskang several time in the last 5 years, love the place! Should be a gawd-awful mayfly hatch going on right about now, so hope you miss it. Otherwise, weed edges and rocky points are great. Don’t forget to check out Keynote(they’ll show you), I guess it’s been good for walleye this year. Wabaskang is a nice piece of water–really cut up into what seems like 5 small lakes, so no matter the wind or weather there’s always someplace to work. A good selection of shallow areas and deep. Get a decent map, ask some questions and check out the toppgraphy and you’ll do fine. If you like to catch them, there are some bonus pig smallies there too. The perch run large and fat.
    Wife and I will be there at the end of August( ), I hope you knock ’em and have a great time! Let us know how you did!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.