Lac Seul Bound This Weekend

• akockelm
    Metro MN

I can’t wait! I lucked out and was asked to fill in for a last minute cancellation in a party of 6 who have been going up there for the past 12 years. I’m hoping to return with a sore arm!

prov1900
    NE Nebraska

Enjoy. Lac Seul is awesome. You will be spoiled for stateside fishing!!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

AJ:

I get to go for my second trip out of Silver Water Wheel in the SW side of the lake north of Dryden a week from Sunday. We didn’t go for numbers, but went for size. Still caught enough for shore lunch all days and 4 – 28″ fish. Usually July is the best big fish month for this resort. We were the first, ending a 10 day drought of fish over 28″ last season, to get a 28″. Then followed it up with 3 more over the four days we fished. I went to break my 27″ PR and saw five fish between 26 and 26 3/4″, but not a sniff of even a 27″. Great trip!!!

Here is one of the 26 3/4″ with the BFishiN shirt and all of the jigs Koonce set me up with at my cost, of course!!!

Mark

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Here is one of the 28’s.

Mark

akockelm
    Metro MN

Wow! Those are some nice fish!

We had a great time up there! On the second full day, the boat I was in smacked a rock and took the skeg off. Prop shaft was bent and oil was leaking. We were 24 miles out, so the rest of the day was spent towing it back. I really felt bad for the guy — it was a brand new boat and this was his first fishing trip with it. It probably only had 12 hours on it.

But, the fishing there is incredible! I couldn’t believe the bite. We had good weather and the bite was going strong!

bigwalleye1

If you think YOU felt bad as a rider, how do you think the guy in the guide boat felt????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.