2012 Ice Out Predictions

• ronmilesjr
    Dallas, TX

With the temps I am seeing up in Atikokan, seems like ice-out will be here before you know it. Anyone got any insight? Predictions?

big_g
    Isle, MN

For Atikokan, I would guess about mid April.

Outfitter17
    Lower Manitou Lake, Ont.

I am guessing its going to be a record year for ice out in my area and all the lakes within 2 hrs of the border. We only have 12″-18″ of ice right now on Lower Manitou Lake with no snow cover at all on the ice. We have 1″-5″ of standing water, once the ice pops and the sun and rain hit the ice it will be gone in no time. Our record was April 13 in 2010 and we are quite a bit ahead of that the way it looks. I am guessing April 5-8 range if the forecast doesn’t change. Here are the highs for the next 9 days in Fort Frances 71,70,71,65,58,61,50,49,55 with rain 3 out of the 9 days. It hit 71 today, My yard is totally snow free and on Tuesday I couldn’t see any grass.

If you are still going on the ice, be careful.

ronmilesjr
    Dallas, TX

Hey Matt,

Good to hear from you again. I here ya on the record ice out date. I attached a photo, that was taken on Saturday, of the area we go to and you can see the green creeping up from the south and the ice going away as well.

Hope all is well with you.

Ron

ronmilesjr
    Dallas, TX

Looks like it is out in most areas.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.