Clearwater/Pipestone Chain

• diver1080
    Yorkville, IL

3 days and a wake up and I am heading north I am super fired up for this years trip (as always). This will the 9th year my dad and I have been fishing the Clearwater/Pipestone Chain and every year I feel like a kid on the night before Christmas just before we leave. Can these last few days go by any slower???

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Good Luck – Weather is downright gorgeous right now!

mikee
    Aitkin, MN

Good luck. I would be interested in knowing how you do up there. I was up there in the mid 70’s and haven’t had a chance to go back since (). Loved it!!!

diver1080
    Yorkville, IL

Well we got back on Saturday. We didn’t have the best weather up there this year. The darn wind blew about 30 mph all day every day until Friday. The air temps were in the mid/low 60’s to mid 50’s until Friday which was in the mid 70’s. We did not do as well as in past years but it was still a blast. We raised some nice muskies but only got two of the smaller ones to pull the trigger. Others in camp had some better ones with the largest being 49″. The walleye fishing was pretty good as usual. We got into a good bite on crankbaits in the weeds which was a blast. The smallmouth fishing was also pretty good again. We had a handfull of fish that hit 20″ and plenty more around 18″. A lot of fish came on topwater which is always a great time. I thought that was surprising considering the weather. We also did well on plastics. We didn’t get nearly as many pike as we have in the past, but the average size was much bigger this year. The water temps were hanging around 61 everyday until Friday and they jumped to 68. It’s crazy what one calm sunny day in the 70’s can do. It was once again a great trip with my dad and we can’t wait until next year. This is a great body of water in my opinion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.