Canada dropping test requirement April 1

• tswoboda

Canada is dropping the test requirement for vaccinated visitors on April 1. Not sure about the return trip.

No test required for re-entry to US. Never has been except for air travel.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

If they drop the vax requirement it will be like normal again.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If they drop the vax requirement I’ll be impressed.

If they did that, I’d be on my way. Till them I’ve been having fun fishing other areas I never have before

catnip
    south metro

Screw Canada, Minneapolis,st.paul,California and new York,

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That’s a good start. One less hoop to jump through. Hope by our trip in Early June they remove some of the other requirements. As far as the Vax requirement I’m good to go. Only takes a few seconds to show the card or other Vax Doc. I really hope they remove the Travel Canada App. crap. That thing was a bit of a hassle for sure. Really looking forward to get back to Manitoba. Its been 3 years since our last trip. The majority of the people who fish the lake we go to are from the US. So with limited fishing pressure for the last 3 years I’m thinking the fishing should be incredible.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Wonder if they’re still gonna do the random spot check testing for covid? I know some people who experienced that and it delayed their crossing by a couple hours.

tswoboda

Wonder if they’re still gonna do the random spot check testing for covid? I know some people who experienced that and it delayed their crossing by a couple hours.

Random testing still there. Yes it’s a joke. No it shouldn’t take a couple hours. Had 3 guys from my group get selected and took them like a half hour. None of them got results until back home. Our resort host actually said to bring the kit to the resort and drop the test off on our way back home if there were any issues. They know it’s a joke.

Screenshot from the link in the first post…

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2022-03-22-103936.png

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It looks like the Random Test is still a possibility

Will there still be arrival testing after April 1?
    Yes, for now. While the federal government will do away with the pre-entry requirement, some travellers will still be randomly picked for an arrival test.

Some travellers will be given a take-home test — this is often the only option at the land border — or will be sent to see a nurse at the airport arrivals area. Travellers collect tests or go for swabs, then continue on to their final destinations.

Kevin
    Duluth, MN

Does this mean I can get my RABC Permit?

Nope. There are currently no plans to reinstate the RABC program. Hopefully that changes.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>DeRangedFishinguy wrote:</div>

Nope. There are currently no plans to reinstate the RABC program. Hopefully that changes.

Uggh, what a joke…

tswoboda

Just curious, why do you need the RABC? I thought we could cross freely on water without the RABC or calling in. Or does the RABC allow you to touch land and stay in Canada?

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

We were told the RABC is no longer needed unless you plan to touch Canadian soil. Anchoring your boat is considered touching Canadian soil so bring your spot lock trolling motor.

Umy
    South Metro

The fishing WAS GREAT last Fall I will just say.
    Showing the Vax card is easy I agree and also relatively simple to use the ARRIVE CAN app but how about this? Just drop the charade and look at our passport and say “welcome to Canada, thank you for supporting our economy”
    ( just a little taste) Weather was gorgeous and the fish were hungry

Attachments:
    1. Canada-2021-7.jpg

2. Canada-2021-5.jpg

3. Canada-2021-6.jpg

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Just curious, why do you need the RABC? I thought we could cross freely on water without the RABC or calling in. Or does the RABC allow you to touch land and stay in Canada?

Need the RABC to go up into La Croix in the winter and also folks need it to get into the Quetico.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.