Can I see a lake map from Garmin and/or Garmin Active Captain?

• usmarine0352

My friend showed me where to go fishing on a well known lake in Minnesota with a pic of a lake map. I have included a different pic of a generic lake map for reference to what I’m looking for.

I have no type of map technology besides my Garmin Livescope and Garmin Active Captain on my phone.

I just got this unit and only used it once and really don’t know anything about depth finders.

Can I use Garmin Active Captain or the Livescope (obviously Active Captain would be easier) as a map to find this spot when I drive out?

And I mean like a GPS so I can drive out and find the spot.

A map like this.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220128-132946_Messages-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just go to charts and use navigation chart. They have good maps typically

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

You should delete that picture. Took me 2 seconds to know that spot and lake

Deuces

Note to self don’t share spots with usmarine0352

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Oh ya because that is the only southern point on all the flats on Lake Minnetonka LOL

usmarine0352

You should delete that picture. Took me 2 seconds to know that spot and lake

Thanks…..not the spot….just one I found online for reference.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    Just go to charts and use navigation chart. They have good maps typically

Charts in Active Captain?

When I power on my 93sv there is a bunch of tabs I can click on. Click on charts, the. Navigational charts, there’s also fishing charts and some other. The navigation will look like your map you posted and then while driving across the lake you will see the boat or triangle that is you heading in what ever direction you are going.
    I havent used active captain.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

My active captain doesn’t have maps. Use the Garmin as Bearcat mentions. All of their models are preloaded with maps.

usmarine0352

When I power on my 93sv there is a bunch of tabs I can click on. Click on charts, the. Navigational charts, there’s also fishing charts and some other. The navigation will look like your map you posted and then while driving across the lake you will see the boat or triangle that is you heading in what ever direction you are going.

So, because Livescope has built in GPS all I’ve got to do is keep it up front in the truck, turn it on, go to charts, it will look like the pic I included in the OP and then I can just drive out to where I want to go by depth?

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

So, because Livescope has built in GPS all I’ve got to do is keep it up front in the truck, turn it on, go to charts, it will look like the pic I included in the OP and then I can just drive out to where I want to go by depth?

Yes.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Correct. That garmin you have will do everything you need and want. Then when you get to the spot you can switch back to live scope and go looking for fish, rocks. Breaks and everything else you could think of.

dirtywater

My active captain doesn’t have maps. Use the Garmin as Bearcat mentions. All of their models are preloaded with maps.

Your Active Captain app on your phone doesn’t have maps? That doesn’t seem right. I can mark spots on the app on my phone and when I get to the boat it syncs up and they show up on my 93sv+ — or are you talking about the Active Captain section of your Garmin unit on the boat?

Dave in Mpls
    Wayzata, MN

Thank God he didn’t mark a spot on the 40+ other flats/bars on the north end of ML toast

Deuces

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>

Thank God he didn’t mark a spot on the 40+ other flats/bars on the north end of ML toast

It was a joke. The area in map is around 2 x 3 miles. Think spot is safe, although I’m willing to bet that crosshair is close to the treasure devil

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.