Calling All Lutefisk Eaters

• djshannon
    Crosslake

I grew up with my Aunt making a traditional Swedish Christmas Eve Dinner for the entire extended family. Lutefisk in Cream Sauce, Riced potatoes, Swedish meatballs, Silta, …, you get the picture. Anyway she has long passed away. I have to admit that Lutefisk is an acquired taste. I retired to Crosslake, Mn about 8 years ago and would love to find a quality Lutefisk dinner in the area.

The area could be as far as 50 miles. Any input? Thanks idea

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Start hitting up the churches and talking to people. You will get invited to a Lutefisk diner. Or learn how to make it. Day MN is where we get ours. Wouldnt be surprised if most grocery store or meat markets in your area carry lutefisk.

Sam
    St.Francis

I always go to the Lutheran church in Cambridge the a week before deer season they always have great lutefisk a little far from you though

big_g
    Isle, MN

well I see all 3 of you lutefisk eaters have found each other….. tongue jester

head to the Willmar area.. they love that shi7 there.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

“O Lutefisk, O Lutefisk
    How I luff your aroma.
    O Lutefisk, O Lutefisk
    You pute me in a coma.” ~ Putz 2006

Charles

I am assuming a church in town will have it up here.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Lyers.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I always go to the Lutheran church in Cambridge the a week before deer season they always have great lutefisk a little far from you though

So when and where is this?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

well I see all 3 of you lutefisk eaters have found each other…..
    head to the Willmar area.. they love that shi7 there.

Yeah. We had never seen a circus like the one that accompanied the annual Lutefisk feed at Trinity Luthern in little ol’ Cyrus, MN. In the 1980s the annual feed transformed downtown Cyrus into a kind of Scandinavian version of Mardi Gras.

Because my father held a position in the community where he needed to see/be seen, we attended every year even though we are neither of Scandinavian descent nor Lutheran. It was a sight to behold all right.

I clearly recall my first visit. Beyond the overpowering, ummm, aroma, I recall one of the church ladies sternly cautioning my father NOT to sit next to Norbert Johnson, because, as she put it, “He splatters.”

That’s all we needed to know. We did watch from a safe distance as ol’ Norbert laid waste to 5 giant helpings in an epic display of intestinal fortitude that, I think, shall never be equaled.

Grouse

reelman
    Inactive

Fresh Torsk drowned in Butter; and don’t forget the sweater

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I’m not a Lutefisk eater, but have went to Dat fish company for years in early October for thier pickled herring and in my opinion, maybe the best I’ve evezr eaten.
    I’ve been told by the Lutefisk guru’s that there’s is about as good as it comes.
    Just word though because that 2×4 board isn’t passing through or by my lips.
    I know… I probably don’t know what I’m missing.
    Day Fish Co

(6) · Seafood Market

Braham, MN

(320) 396-3468

Open until 2:15 PM

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

My dad puts on a dinner that is going on for 26 years now if I remember….

November 18th St James Lutheran Church in Crystal MN.

very traditional dinner. if interested PM me please

Charles

Day is the best fish around, Lutefisk is the best I heard also. Biggest and best business in town lol!

Sam
    St.Francis

My cousins run the day fish Co it smells fantastic every time the smoked whitefish come in and smells horrible when they soak the cod fillets in lye for lutefisk
    The Cambridge Lutheran church dinner is the Thursday before deer season better get your tickets ahead of time because it’s gonna be a long wait

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I hear leftovers are used in Sonny’s Secret 7. devil

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.