Cabin visitor

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

This guy stopped by for a snack or two on Sunday and laid in the shade. Didn’t seem the least bit worried about our being there in the yard with him. Shortly after dark his mosied off into to woods and we didn’t see him again.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1478.jpg

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

This fella showed up on Saturday and enjoyed a meal of mice I trapped. Beautiful colors in this fox.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1472.jpg

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I’ve never seen a gray fox in the wild, plenty of reds, but never a gray. They are pretty cool and fairly rare!!

The bear on the other hand I could do without coffee

Fluffchucker
    NW Wisconsin

I’ve never seen a gray fox in the wild, plenty of reds, but never a gray. They are pretty cool and fairly rare!!

The bear on the other hand I could do without coffee

I hadn’t seen one either, until a couple of weeks ago when we had a Gray Fox seemingly make the woods behind our house it’s new home. Very cool looking animal. Although it’s screeching I could do without. )

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Always cool to see wild critters!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

We came back from a walk at the cabin and this fella was in the yard. Gerty chased it up a tree. Don’t see porcupines during the day very often.

Attachments:
    1. 20160716_202753.jpg

404 ERROR
    MN

There are a few Grey Fox’s living in my warehouse at work. They keep the mice out! I put a trail cam up, i’ll be sure to post a picture if I ever bust them walking around.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The grays are slightly larger than reds. Grays can climb trees and its nothing to see one resting on a limb quite a way up a tree.

We have both at the cabin but the reds tend to be more nocturnal. A red was in the yard every night an hour after sun set. Reds are more cabin shy while grays seem to be a lot more inquisitive and have no problem coming right up to the deck.

I saw a wolf on the road on my way in to fish on Saturday morning, only a couple hundred yards from the driveway. He didn’t hang around long. Its amazing how fast they are given their size.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.