Built In Call (video)

• Frank Krajenka
    Houghton Lake Michigan

I have been an avid waterfowl hunter for the majority of my life, but am by no means a killer of large number of birds. I have always been a very barebones style hunter, choosing to use a single shot for the majority of my life, very few decoys if any, and very little calling. My grandfather taught me many, many years ago to just find where the ducks want to be and go there and wait for them. he also taught me if you need to call, do so sparingly. Now I’m not saying this is the best way, I’m just saying it has worked for me for the past 38 years. As far as calling goes, I am definitely not a competition caller, and in the field I am not the best, that’s for sure, but I do harvest a fair share of ducks while calling. The one thing I do different than most waterfowl callers is that I do not use a commercial made call, or a home made call for that matter. My call just happens to something that was standard issue when I was born. Yep, I call with my mouth. Again, it’s not the “best”, not the “perfect” mallard call, but it works and you might just get a kick out of it.

Bill Boyd
    Warroad, MN

Pretty cool talent. I remember back in the day (late 70’s) some old timers that called geese with their months.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.