Bowfishing and Another North Lake Low Point

• dirk-w.
    Minnesota

Pulled up to the North Lake public access this evening for a little dog work with the wife and pooch. We could smell the stench 75 yards from the access. These pictures represent three separate piles of carp and gar dumped by bow fisherman. We couldn’t stand the smell and left. I’ve never seen so many maggots in one spot. I hope they work quick. If anyone has any idea who these scum people are I hope they turn them in.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0649.jpg

2. IMG_0650.jpg

3. IMG_0651.jpg

4. IMG_0646.jpg

5. IMG_0648.jpg

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

That access… seems to be getting worse and worse every summer with people problems.

boone
    Woodbury, MN

Very disgusting.

Just out of curiosity, what do the bow fishing people typically do with the fish they arrow? I’ve seen the bow fishing boats on the river that have a big barrel for all the fish they arrow so I assume they get quite a few some nights.

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

Yup, that place is a dumping ground for more than dead fish, and there never seems to be more than a few weeks that can go by without someone doing something illegal down there. We got one last year when he emptied his car out of trash – along with cancelled checks and deposit slips waytogo . The place gets patrolled by law enforcement on a regular basis but they cant be there 24/7.

Not sure what legit/legal bow fisherman do with their catch other than fertilizer/compost.

Brad Dimond

A hunting buddy shoots them in Wright County, tosses in a garbage bag and freezes for use as bear bait in the fall.

Forrest Melton
    Alexandria, MN

My boys do a lot of bow fishing in the Alexandria area. They put an add on craigslist. A couple farmers contacted them and showed them which fields they can place the fish in. Good fertilizer I guess.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I sent a link to the Mn Bowfishin Association last night. They might know who would be dumping there.

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

I sent a link to the Mn Bowfishin Association last night. They might know who would be dumping there.

waytogo

The DNR knows about it also.

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

My house overlooks both North and
    Mudhen, seems to be the same boat out there a few nights a week. Fairly nice looking rig lit up like a Xmas tree, and rarely have I seen any other rigs so it seems to be one common fisherman would be my best guess… I always assumed it was a guide but who knows🤔

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.